Meadowlands members...

Notifications
Clear all

Meadowlands membership?  

RSS

yellolab
(@yellolab)
08/11/2020 10:09 am  

Stopped by the pro shop, asking about memberships. The counter guy said that he does'nt really let anyone out past 4PM(even for 9 holes), as then they get back too late, requiring the staff to stay until the last golfer is off the course.

I must have looked funny at him, as he said it's very typical of the courses around here.

This sounded...odd...to me. Is this your experience as well?

Was thinking of joining, mostly to get a late afternoon quick 9 holes in. But if what he said was true...

Thanks.

BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Admin
08/11/2020 10:24 am  

Many simply offer their tee times services from 7:30-9:30 and 12:30-2:20. The last groups comes in about 6 and everyone goes home at 7:00/30 to their families in time for dinner. If they start selling tee times from 4:30-6:00 pm, then you have 2 employees staying til 9:00 because people will play until you cannot in see the hand in front of their face it's so dark. By the time the Staff gets home the kids are already in bed and left overs are for dinners ... #family1st. Then you have courses who take the tact "if you have money you can play here". They'll sell ya a tee time at 6:45pm.

Since you're a local, you'll want to utilize one of the many Membership Card Programs instead of being tied to a membership at one course. 

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/11/2020 1:23 pm  

Evening golf doesn't seem popular in MB.  During the peak spring and fall
golf seasons, there are a lot of golfers playing until dark, so there is enough 
volume to have a cart attendant there until all are in.      

If it is busy in the evening, then they can justify it.  

You should be able to find some courses where you can do that, but being a 
visitor, I don't know where.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
yellolab
(@yellolab)
08/11/2020 1:28 pm  
Posted by: @bnlongdriver

Many simply offer their tee times services from 7:30-9:30 and 12:30-2:20. The last groups comes in about 6 and everyone goes home at 7:00/30 to their families in time for dinner. If they start selling tee times from 4:30-6:00 pm, then you have 2 employees staying til 9:00 because people will play until you cannot in see the hand in front of their face it's so dark. By the time the Staff gets home the kids are already in bed and left overs are for dinners ... #family1st. Then you have courses who take the tact "if you have money you can play here". They'll sell ya a tee time at 6:45pm.

Since you're a local, you'll want to utilize one of the many Membership Card Programs instead of being tied to a membership at one course. 

Thanks. Is there an obvious choice to what Membership Card is "best"? Living in Calabash, I typcially play around here if that helps.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/11/2020 1:42 pm  
Posted by: @yellolab

Thanks. Is there an obvious choice to what Membership Card is "best"? Living in Calabash, I typcially play around here if that helps.

Passport seems to have the most courses. 
MyGolf seems to be good on the north end into NC and might have
some courses in that area that Passport is missing. 

Courses like Carolina Shores(not good) and resident courses like 
Sea Trail, SPB + Big Cats, might allow evening play.   

Update us on courses in your area as you play them. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
08/11/2020 3:28 pm  

I think most want off the course at normal time to hit night life or be with the family during vacation season. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
yellolab
(@yellolab)
08/11/2020 3:34 pm  
Posted by: @jbshepherds

I think most want off the course at normal time to hit night life or be with the family during vacation season. 

Gotcha. I'm seeing that. I had visions of scooting out of work early(3:30 or 4), and getting in 9 holes a few days per week.

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/11/2020 9:40 pm  
Posted by: @yellolab

Stopped by the pro shop, asking about memberships. The counter guy said that he does'nt really let anyone out past 4PM(even for 9 holes), as then they get back too late, requiring the staff to stay until the last golfer is off the course.

I must have looked funny at him, as he said it's very typical of the courses around here.

This sounded...odd...to me. Is this your experience as well?

Was thinking of joining, mostly to get a late afternoon quick 9 holes in. But if what he said was true...

Thanks.

Common to get that reaction in MB. Some courses will. I have had several 330 tee times on an afternoon, but not much later. Sometimes they look at  you like you have 3 heads in MB area if you ask for a later tee time. About 330 or 4 is late as I have seen.  Some are 230 or so.  Would make it hard if you wanted a membership and wanted to get in 9 or so after work. But, most of their play I am guessing is based on packages and daily rates.  I was talking to one of the guys at a South end course and he said they have very few memberships, like to the point he could count them on two hands. Most locals just buy one of the discount cards or something like Prime Time Card

yellolab liked
ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 9:30 am  

Miracle01 joined the Surf Club so he can play late afternoon rounds. 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

yellolab liked
ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
08/12/2020 9:32 am  

@yellolab

When I first moved here, I asked a few courses the same thing and received the "you have 3 heads look."  Keep trying...and if you are successful, let me know!

yellolab liked
ReplyQuote
machood
(@mac)
Eminent Member
08/12/2020 11:32 am  

Things change, we had an awesome membership (500+) and open until dark.  Did close F&B early as we did not serve dinner.  New operators have different opinions have to respect that.

This post was modified 1 month ago by machood

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
08/12/2020 12:21 pm  

I know that Meadowlands has a pretty solid membership.  I would guess the same for Farmstead since they are sister courses.

ReplyQuote
machood
(@mac)
Eminent Member
08/12/2020 12:54 pm  

@tadpole It was a joint membership... one membership to both courses.

ReplyQuote
yellolab
(@yellolab)
08/12/2020 1:19 pm  
Posted by: @mac

@tadpole It was a joint membership... one membership to both courses.

Correct, the same one. One membership gets you reduced rates at both course. The other nice perk is you get two bags of range balls per day. As a range rat, this appeals to me as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: