Notifications
Clear all

Aberdeen having trouble again  

RSS

Metric
(@metric)
Trusted Member
08/10/2020 2:38 pm  

They have closed the courses. Hearing they’re having trouble with the greens. This place can’t catch a break.

jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
08/11/2020 8:47 am  

Sad to hear this, course cant get a break. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
08/11/2020 8:49 am  

I don't know how this course can stay viable with all the problems they have had the past three years.  Our group scheduled it last October because we wanted to help support their recovery.  In my trip report I commented on the issues with the greens.  Hope they can get this worked out.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/11/2020 1:04 pm  
Posted by: @metric

They have closed the courses. Hearing they’re having trouble with the greens. This place can’t catch a break.

Any idea if it's closed due to flooding, flooding hurting some greens or
a unique greens problem?   

When it flooded the last time, the article said the flood water doesn't hurt the
grass much, because it's fresh water.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Estimable Member
08/11/2020 9:51 pm  
Posted by: @artmbgolf
Posted by: @metric

Any idea if it's closed due to flooding, flooding hurting some greens or
a unique greens problem?   

When it flooded the last time, the article said the flood water doesn't hurt the
grass much, because it's fresh water.  

I drove by there on Sunday. The water was up on the hole out by Hwy 9.  It was up in the fairway. High but nothing like Matthew and Florence, not even close.  But, it was taking up part of the fairway I can't imagine it was on many of the green complexes or any at all. The surrounding creek areas were high along Hwy 9. Hope they go down because if the area gets a big storm or a lot of rain it is not going to take much to start causing problems.  Aberdeen is basically built in a swamp or low river bed. Can't believe they ever built houses in there.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 9:28 am  

The water has receded off the fairway as of Monday when I drove by.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

herdman liked
ReplyQuote
Metric
(@metric)
Trusted Member
08/13/2020 8:35 am  

@artmbgolf not related to water. Let’s just say that on the Meadow course the greens are a mess. 

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
08/13/2020 2:13 pm  

It seems every big rain storm Aberdeen has troubles, I recall one year when it was still Buck Creek it was closed the entire month of Nov. due to a tropical storm dumping rain on the area, hopefully it will re open soon, good fun layout my guys say.

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Admin
08/17/2020 3:42 pm  
Posted by: @leftygar1

It seems every big rain storm Aberdeen has troubles, I recall one year when it was still Buck Creek it was closed the entire month of Nov. due to a tropical storm dumping rain on the area, hopefully it will re open soon, good fun layout my guys say.

Sadly, that's what you get when you build in a flood plain ... not to mention, Guy the Super, quit a few months ago. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by BNLongdriver

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
08/17/2020 9:09 pm  

@bnlongdriver

Still Brian, when the course is is good  shape it is a fun layout for many, also tough when a good super leaves.  An  Yes the flood plain for that area keeps places like Long Bay on the wet wide as well.  That said I do prat I can get down at some point this winter to play them both. 

ReplyQuote
Share: