Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Bag Drop Tips  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Estimable Member
February 11, 2019 3:02 pm  

The one bag guy I know gets so much $$ an hour from the course, his tips are pooled with the other guy he works with that morning, then they split the $$,  plus he gets free golf at the courses that are associated with his.  He also hooks up in a bag guy golf outing once a week for cart fees, he does tip 3  to 5 bucks those days.  The worst tippers he says are the locals, he loves the out of town golfers as they " get it " he says..  

ReplyQuote
Chris14race
(@chris14race)
Eminent Member
February 12, 2019 11:15 am  
Posted by: DenisGilbert

I do normally give 3 $, 5 $ if the service is above normal!

That said, I really dislike when someone wants to clean my clubs after a round!

totally agree, i clean my clubs... dont want anyone else touching them lol.  while i understand some people like this service, i think they should ask before doing it.  

DenisGilbert liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Estimable Member
February 13, 2019 9:11 am  

I prefer also to clean my clubs. There are very good ideas in this topic. 

ReplyQuote
Bromano4
(@bromano4)
February 15, 2019 12:06 pm  

In my 20 years in Myrtle Beach I would say just about everywhere pools tips and splits at the end of shifts.  $3-$5 is a great tip regardless of the location.Club cleaning post round obviously would be a separate issue handled from guest to guest.  For the "dont clean my clubs crew" you can say no to the service,our staff has always been trained to ask as opposed to just grabbing someones clubs and wiping them down. But that is what it is, a service, not another excuse to make anyone grab their wallet.  The days of bag drop employees working for playing privileges should be over, at least by law anyway, but I can not speak to that with certainty for everywhere.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Estimable Member
February 16, 2019 7:38 am  

It seems that each course has his own policy for the tips. Good to know.

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Eminent Member
February 17, 2019 8:25 am  

Question, do bag drop staff also get paid an hourly wage (and/or other benefits) from the course?

I generally tip $2 per bag unless I'm playing as a guest at another course at a discounted rate (i.e., for cart fee) in which case I'll tip $5.

DenisGilbert liked
ReplyQuote
Dobbs2u
(@dobbs2u)
February 17, 2019 10:59 pm  

Thanks for the input and advice. I'm feeling more comfortable with my original plan of $3 per bag. When I floated the idea to my group, the vast majority ( 23 of 26) were all for it as it removes the last minute scramble for small bills and the confusion of who paid, who didn't. Just over 40 days to go before we tee it up @ Litchfield.
Thanks again for the input.

Bryan

ps. As always Art, great info and advice as well as a couple of links with good info to back it up.

This post was modified 6 days ago by Dobbs2u

ReplyQuote
Bromano4
(@bromano4)
February 19, 2019 9:04 am  

In my experience all bag drop employees are paid hourly.  For the most part it is standard  minimum wage as it is a tipped position, otherwise they are for the most part seasonal removed link   I am sure there are places that have FT outside personnel which would receive benefits etc... 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share: