Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Replay on Pearl Wes...

Replay on Pearl West  

RSS

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
12/01/2019 10:39 am  

Had my arm gently twisted by friends who needed a 4th yesterday, cool day, but sun was out and winds was down so it ended up being a good day.  

The course was quiet and POP was 4 hours, CPO on 4 holes and it could have been 6 or 7 to keep the carts from the wetter areas.  Greens are nice and rolled smoothly, speed was medium.  Fairways that had been cut were good, over seed thin in spots but nothing to bad so no bitching on that.  Traps could have sand added as they are a bit firm, they had been groomed and the one I hit gave me a nice lie to hit out of.  Tees were also good, if you ay pick the right ones as whites are 6400 and all Par 5's are over 500 yds. with no roll they are long, esp. the 3 on the back nine.  Overall a good course, tight in spots and IMO better then the East course.

S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
12/01/2019 10:59 am  

Thanks for your update. 

Just wondering: do you have had enough grass on the tee boxes? How were the cart paths? Last time that i played there they were in dire need of repair. 

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
12/01/2019 1:43 pm  
Posted by: leftygar1

Had my arm gently twisted by friends who needed a 4th yesterday, the back nine.  Overall a good course, tight in spots and IMO better then the East course.

The art of sacrifice Gary! 😉

Thanks for this other good input!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
12/01/2019 2:23 pm  

It's nice that your snowbird friends are 4 hours or less golfers, when nobody is
holding you up.   

Thanks for another report! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
12/01/2019 3:56 pm  

S***T, The grass on the tee areas is good, some of the lower tee spots were moved back to the blues to keep them from getting beat up.  Cart paths are a mess in many areas as well, fixing them properly will be a big $$ dollar job, both courses need paths replaced.

This post was modified 6 months ago by leftygar1

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
12/01/2019 3:58 pm  

Art, we have played many games together, you know I am quick, my friends are the same, we had 2 threesomes in front of us who we saw on the 1st two holes only, after that they out paced us until we chatted in the parking lot.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
14/01/2019 12:17 pm  

Gary thanks for the update!  I am like you only a gentle twist is needed. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: