Local Scoop - Myrtl...

Notifications
Clear all

Local Scoop - Myrtlewood Pinehills (05/16/2020)  

RSS

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Estimable Member
05/16/2020 9:21 pm  

Played MW Pinehills for the first time since installation of the new greens, and only my 3rd time on this course overall. I don't get a chance to say this often, but today this was the best conditioned course I've played all year including the Dunes & Surf). Conditions in all aspects were immaculate.

Fairways were perfect with thick overseed so no issues playing the ball as it lies. Fairways were also firm so no mud balls and plenty of roll. Rough areas were thick! I've been playing in dormant rough all winter & spring so on the very first hole (started on #10) I was surprised when I had to contend with gnarly rough right out of the gate. Also got to play normal chip & flop shots from around the green instead of putting through dormant grass.

Greens rolled as true as possible. Made lots of putts. Speed was only medium pace but turf condition was excellent and were receptive to well struck shots. Bunkers to start the round were freshly groomed and in great shape. Without rakes by the time we got to the 2nd nine there were lots of footprints which is expected in the COVID era so that's just an observation not a complaint. PoP was 1:45 for the first nine and 2:10 for the 2nd nine. Kudos to the starter for getting us off the back nine first, I believe that saved us about 15 minutes on total PoP. Beverage cart made several passes. Also brand new range balls was a nice touch. I think the layout is fun yet challenging.

Anyway, I highly recommend playing here right now but I'd hurry before we get into aeration season!

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
05/16/2020 9:44 pm  

Did MB or SC just start to allow the beverage cart back out?    
I was thinking that was a CV restriction.   

Thanks for reporting!  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
05/17/2020 5:39 am  

Beverage carts have been running the whole time

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
Trusted Member
05/17/2020 7:38 am  

thanks for the report 1putt. I've always enjoyed Pine Hills. Some people may think Palmetto is the "better" course but I think PH is more interesting and more fun to play.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
05/17/2020 2:00 pm  

Thanks for your take on the Pinehill's course, one we do not get to often as friends like Palmetto.  Also good to read the condition were excellent for you.  One thing to ask,  when do you miss putts Bob? 😉 

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
05/17/2020 2:14 pm  

Thanks for the report.  Pine Hills is a nice layout.  Glad to hear it is in such good shape.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member
05/17/2020 7:20 pm  

Thanks for your report on a course with great conditions.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Trusted Member
05/18/2020 7:34 am  

Great to hear, thanks for the update. Played Palmetto a couple weeks back and conditions were outstanding there as well. Will try to get on Pine Hills very soon. 

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Honorable Member
05/18/2020 6:44 pm  

Thanks @1putt1 for this report and quite glad that the two Myrtlewood courses do represent great golf opportunities!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Trusted Member
05/18/2020 10:13 pm  

Played both Myrtlewood courses today and couldn’t agree more.  Great conditions!

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Honorable Member
05/21/2020 1:32 pm  

Thanks again 1putt1!! this is on my list to play.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Prominent Member
05/22/2020 7:52 am  
Posted by: @mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer

Played MW Pinehills for the first time since installation of the new greens, and only my 3rd time on this course overall. I don't get a chance to say this often, but today this was the best conditioned course I've played all year including the Dunes & Surf). Conditions in all aspects were immaculate.

Wow. Certainly one course that i would like to play. Thanks 1putt1!

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Share: