Notifications
Clear all

Best golf shop

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

00300008 (1)

I would like to know if you have a preferred golf shop when you are in Myrtle Beach. I am not speaking of the PGA Superstore or Dick's Sporting Goods, or simular outlets. Just amongst the pro shop operated by the golf course himself. I am thinking of layout and appearance, the inventory in terms of quality and choice- equipment and apparel- and for a fair value for the money spent. 

For me, it is the pro shop at International World Tour. But there are probably many others like this one. At the International World Tour, the golf shop has a very nice look, very professional. I would be interested to know if you have an another one to suggest. (Image: International World Tour).

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

jw11 liked
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

The pro shops in MB and other resorts are mainly for hat/shirt souvenirs, 
so golf clubs are rare.     

World Tour looks good.   

The Dunes + TPC are in my best MB course pro shop list.     

I like when course logos say Myrtle Beach, found more often at TPC + MBN.  
Courses without MB in the name, should add Myrtle Beach somewhere,
like the side of a hat.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

S***H and jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

It seems like every time I go into a pro shop in Myrtle Beach I find something that I would like to purchase.  But when I look at the price tag I change my mind.  I'm all for logos and stuff but don't add $25-$30 to the price just because you put a name on it. Another pet peeve - I am 6'3" and weigh 230  lbs. so I need a XXL in most shirts, vests, etc.  Selection in most on-course pro shops is very limited.

OK, my rant is over.  I do like the layout of the pro shop at Crow Creek.

S***H and jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

I remember liking the MB National golf shop.

Bought the old school straw hat Tidewater & Eagle Nest .

Those are getting hard to find. 

Glen Dornach and Shaftbury are nice.

Diamondback too.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

TPC, The Dunes, Pine Lakes and MBN as far as I'm concerned!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

TPC and Dunes are my favorites. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

KN and World Tour for non private  and TPC!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Reputable Member

Legends has a good pro shop for apparel. Myrtle Beach National is really good too in addition to Long Bay. The Dunes has a wide variety of logo'd merchandise besides clothing (beer mugs, golf shoe holders, coasters, range finder holders, etc...). Head pro mentioned to me that their golf shop generates 500k in revenue per year. Not too shabby.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Not surprised concerning the revenue per year at The Dunes. The club is very prestigious, many visitors want to have a souvenir at the Golf Shop. The merchandise with a logo of the Club should sell very well even with the markdown. I would say the same thing for TPC, World Tour, and Myrtle Beach National (Kings North) and Glen Dornoch.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
Dsuitch
(@dsuitch)

Caledonia and True Blue have a nice selection of merchandise.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Golf junkie and soon to be retired insurance agent.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Trusted Member

One that hasn't been mentioned is Willbrook Plantation.  Their golf shop and grill are very nice with large selection especially the "Sale" items.  

GolfdawgZ

daz

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)

The Dunes pro shop is excellent and with it's history and it being the best course in the area it probably sells more merchandise than any other pro shop in MB as people will want to show they've played there.

I seem to remember that a lot of items had a sign on them saying they were only for sale to Dunes members - I'm thinking of expensive, high end items like a lamp with the club's gator logo as the base for example. Suspect they are not the sort of item the visiting golfer would be purchasing when on vacation but it does suggest the club are quite protective about who can make out they are Dunes members by having their merchandise in their house and also that the members must buy the stuff to show off that they are a member there otherwise it wouldn't be taking up space in the shop.

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Reputable Member

To my knowledge the Dunes golf shop does not have anything that can only be purchased by members. However, they do have discounted pricing on selected merchandise for members only.

ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)

Maybe I read the ticket wrongly - it was expensive high end stuff like the lamp I mentioned which I wouldn't have thought would appeal to visiting golfers although I thought a lamp with a gator for the base was pretty cool. Not sure my wife would agree in any event so it would have been a man-cave purchase if I was able to fit it into my luggage.

ReplyQuote
Share: