Notifications
Clear all

Arcadian Shores- Hardest hole

Page 1 / 2

S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Which is the hardest hole to play at Arcadian Shores between the 2th hole and the 13th hole? It would be interesting to share on this one.  

16D5FAE1 E02E 4289 81A2 2D954E53893E

The 2th hole is a tough par 3, not very long-148 yds- but you have to carry your tee shot all over the water. The green is wide but not very deep. If you miss this one, you can damage your scorecard in a very short time.

The 13 hole is another beast. A par 4, 367 yards (white), this is the number 1 handicap hole on the course. Your drive has to be at the right place in the fairway, not too far away on the left or on the right. Many golfers do not use a driver here. Depending of your distance you can have a very tough second shot in your hands.

Arcadian Shores Hole 13

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

From my memory I would choose #13.  First time I played this hole I thought - what was the designer thinking?

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@tadpole

Very scenic hole. To score on this hole, it take a good drive and a almost perfect second shot for most of us.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Hole #2 looks a bit more intimidating to me, even if it's shorter!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@denisgilbert

A lot of golfers, including myself, sent a ball in the lake because It  is downhill in front of the green. Indeed it is an intimidating hole.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Both holes have a generous drop zone by the green, which would prevent 
big numbers, but #13 requires a good drive to get into position for an 
approach like on #2, so I feel #13 will create more scores over double. 

It's hard to get comfortable on #13, needing an accurate drive and not 
too long or short.   The shot to the green is hard to figure and hard to 
be confident on.  Then we are really guessing if it's on the downhill.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Agree with Art - # 2 requires only one tough shot, # 13 requires two. And for most golfers the second shot on 13 is longer that the first shot on #2

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@artmbgolf

I agree Art. On the 13th hole, for the second shot, very often you can be at a distance between 160-180 yds. For seniors, it could take a long iron or a hybrid, for others a 5 or 7 wood. The difficulty is to be accurate in terms of distance and direction. It is not an easy shot with these clubs in your hands, for most of us. We are not good as UGP or 1putt1, to name just them. If you are too short in distance, your ball is in the lake, and your only solution is to go in the drop zone after that, incurring the penalty. If you are too long, you could be in the sandtrap behind the green. How many are good in the sand, enough to save a par? Asking is responding. So, for all of these reasons, the hardest hole for me is the 13 th hole. Nor surprising that on the scorecard it is the number 1 hole in terms of handicap.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@undercover-golf-pro

I agree. We need two good shots to save the par. Just curious to know UGP, what clubs do you select for your first and your second shot on this hole when playing at Arcadian Shores?

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Like you S***H, I stay right across the street from Arcadian Shores and play it often, hole #2 is tough esp. when the it's the second hole of the day and you not quite loose yet, always take an extra club now as short is not good. 

As for hole 13 position off the tee is everything, you need to be down the hill and to the the left as much as you can so your second shot will be less then 150 yds, again I take an extra club as the ball never seems to carry well over the water.  Both holes are good ones and most people you speak with about this course brings them up each time.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@leftygar1

For the second hole, I think that you have a good strategy in choosing one extra club. Sometimes, it is not easy to choose the right club when you have a strong wind just in front of you. This arrives often on this hole. It can be one or two clubs more, depending of the wind speed. To be downhill on the 13th hole is the objective. Not always easy to accomplish.

leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

I have never hit the 13th green. I have hit #2. 13 is harder hands down.

One other thing, on 2 you are hitting to the green from a teed ball, not so on 13.

This post was modified 1 month ago by kio57

leftygar1 and S***H liked
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

@s333h

One putt gave me the heads up on both holes in taking the extra club.  Since that time I believe I have only deep sixed my ball around 3x in about 50 games there and that's for both holes.  Next year we will play there for sure.

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

#13 gets my vote.

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
Trusted Member

No.13 for me.  When I eventually hit the green, my ball was always perilously close  to the edge near some lying in wait Gator.

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: