Notifications
Clear all

2 week trip  

RSS

Will be in MB in January for 2 weeks and working on the courses I want to play. Here is the preliminary list:

True Blue

Lockwood Folly

Pawly Plantation

Crow Creek

International

MBN West

The Pearl

Tradition

River Club

Tidewater

Sandpiper.

The only 3 for sure courses are Lockwood and True Blue, as I played them in the World Am and didn't play so well and Pawly's Plantation as I enjoyed playing there.

What do you think?

5 Answers

I don't know where in MB you are staying, but if you are near the center of town then Lockwood Folly would be quite a drive.  That course does not get many comments here so I am not aware of current playing conditions.

Most of the other courses listed are pretty good choices.

That's a wide variety of courses - I would check the over seed schedule. Cas in point - Kings North was in fabulous condition with awesome greens - then they over seeded and the greens were naturally awful. By now, they should be good and in a couple more weeks awesome again. Catch the OS at the wrong time and you'll be putting on greens that stimp 5 or 6 and bumpy!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

All are good choices for a wide variety.  
MBN West, SPB, CC, Inter are more forgiving, if you want to play them first.

Report back, since Jan is a slow month for reports.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

I really like the kind of golf agenda that you're planing!

There is a lot a variety and you should enjoy, whatever the changes that you would like to do!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

You should have a lot of fun to play these golf course. Hoping that you will have some warm days in January. 

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Share: