Notifications
Clear all

2 week trip

RSS

Topic starter

Will be in MB in January for 2 weeks and working on the courses I want to play. Here is the preliminary list:

True Blue

Lockwood Folly

Pawly Plantation

Crow Creek

International

MBN West

The Pearl

Tradition

River Club

Tidewater

Sandpiper.

The only 3 for sure courses are Lockwood and True Blue, as I played them in the World Am and didn't play so well and Pawly's Plantation as I enjoyed playing there.

What do you think?

6 Answers

I don't know where in MB you are staying, but if you are near the center of town then Lockwood Folly would be quite a drive.  That course does not get many comments here so I am not aware of current playing conditions.

Most of the other courses listed are pretty good choices.

That's a wide variety of courses - I would check the over seed schedule. Cas in point - Kings North was in fabulous condition with awesome greens - then they over seeded and the greens were naturally awful. By now, they should be good and in a couple more weeks awesome again. Catch the OS at the wrong time and you'll be putting on greens that stimp 5 or 6 and bumpy!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

All are good choices for a wide variety.  
MBN West, SPB, CC, Inter are more forgiving, if you want to play them first.

Report back, since Jan is a slow month for reports.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

I really like the kind of golf agenda that you're planing!

There is a lot a variety and you should enjoy, whatever the changes that you would like to do!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

You should have a lot of fun to play these golf course. Hoping that you will have some warm days in January. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

In the area but not on your list you should look at the Thistle, played it last week and it was great.  Look at Farmstead and Meadowlands.  

Golf junkie and soon to be retired insurance agent.

Share: