Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Which courses for a...

[Solved] Which courses for a week's trip in Oct. 2019?  

RSS

Been to Myrtle 4 times but it's been years since I've been.

I turn 60 in November, so my wife has given me a week's trip.

Here's the proposed itinerary (accommodations at Barefoot Yacht Club):

Any changes you would make?

Day 1: TPC AM then Wachesaw East 

Day 2 Caledonia then True Blue

Day 3 MBN West then KN (seeking a little bit of value with MBN West)

Day 4 Barefoot Fazio, replay somewhere at Barefoot 

Day 5 Tidewater then the Dunes

Day 6 Grande Dunes, replay somewhere

Day 7 Arrowhead 

Separate gripe:   My group of 9 has 4 or 5 guys that always have "suggestions" or "what abouts" on the destination, courses, budget etc.   Drives me crazy.  

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Happy26

Great courses - and a lot of golf! A couple days of driving some distance. You'll need to get yourself in golf condition!

7 Answers

That is a great plan.  Wach East is your weakest.  The Willbrook idea is good or 
stop at Prestwick on your way back.  Blackmoor is also a close to TPC option.   

When booking 2 rounds a day, I recommend at least 6 hours between tee times, since 
you never know when it will be a 5 hour round.   Also look what time sunset is, if in Nov. 

Since you have guys with suggestions, verify if they will pay for all that golf and if some 
only want to play 18 holes some days.   You could also only book 1 round some days and 
plan on a replay rate for those who want to replay 0, 9 or 18.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Wouldn't change a thing. Excellent course selection and groupings each day.

Great line-up!  They only change I would think about is swapping out Wachesaw East for Willbrook or Tradition.  It's been awhile since I've played Wachesaw but I remember there was a lot of housing and conditions were so-so.  It's a challenging layout though.       

My suggestion would bring plenty of band aids for the blisters you will get on your hands, and plenty of aspirin for the back pain.

That's a lot of golf right that.

Whoa

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

Great selection of courses for sure, while agreeing totally with those of suggested you to switch Wachesaw East for Willbrook instead.

And as a second course to go with Grande Dunes, maybe World Tour or Pine Lakes (both are really close to GD) could be a good fit!

One thing is for sure : it will be a hell of a way to celebrate your 60th birthday and a pretty well deserved one!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

Yes. Keep this line-up. Very good one.

I agree with the other poster and Supergilbys with the suggestions but if you choose not to change that would be a bad thing either. 

Great lineup and look forward to your trip report!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

Share: