Notifications
Clear all

Status of George's Pancake House in Calabash

njexecutive
(@njexecutive)
Topic starter  

Does anyone know if the restaurant on Beach Drive in downtown Calabash (formerly George's Pancake House) has reopened? George's closed after a fire in 2018, and although the original owner Gus Stathos was planning to reopen, it appears that the location has a new name. IMHO George's Pancake House was one of the best breakfast restaurants in the area.

Metric
(@metric)
Trusted Member

It’s reopened under the name Milk and Honey. I personally haven’t been to the new place. Friends of ours were there last week and they really liked it. 

leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

We passed it several times on our way to golf at Pearl, Sea Trail etc. it was always busy, will give it a shot next Nov. when back down.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member

Haven't been yet but have heard good things.

ReplyQuote
njexecutive
(@njexecutive)
Topic starter  

Although I will probably miss the old format, I guess I need to give Milk and Honey a try.

Thanks.

NJExecutive

ReplyQuote
uncgolf
(@uncgolf)
Estimable Member

Milk and Honey is a more upscale/expensive place. They still have regular breakfast options though -- I haven't been but I've looked at the menu.

Of course, with the Calabash Deli right next door, I doubt I'll ever go to Milk and Honey. The deli's breakfast sandwiches are as good or better than anything else you can get for breakfast on the whole Grand Strand, and they're relatively cheap too.

leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Estimable Member

Milk & Honey (aka the new George's) is an excellent restaurant choice in Calabash.  Courteous staff, lots of menu selections, breakfast & lunch, and a great vibe.  We have been multiple times and it does not disappoint.  Try it!

Retired Insurance Broker

uncgolf and leftygar1 liked
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

@uncgolf 

Agree with you on the Calabash deli, the sandwiches have never disappointed.

uncgolf liked
ReplyQuote
Share: