Notifications

Better than average burger....  

RSS

2manyputters
(@2manyputters)
Eminent Member
03/13/2020 7:07 pm  

Eddie's Italian Cafe along Rt.9 in Longs. Bought a home in Long Bay a couple years ago and multiple people recommended Eddie's for their cheeseburger. I've had takeout from there a number of times in two+ years, but did't try the burger until last week. 

It's worth a try if you're nearby. Can't recommend the place for a group to dine in, as the dining area is smallish. Food is decent though.

IMG_0649.jpg

leftygar1 liked
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Honorable Member
03/13/2020 8:51 pm  

Thanks 2

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
coastalguy
(@coastal-guy)
Eminent Member
03/15/2020 7:50 am  

Never been to that location, but if I'm going for a good burger, I'm heading to Art Burger or River City Cafe, both spots have killer burgers but you're gonna be dropping at least $10 to eat. 

ReplyQuote
2manyputters
(@2manyputters)
Eminent Member
03/18/2020 8:13 am  
Posted by: @coastal-guy

Never been to that location, but if I'm going for a good burger, I'm heading to Art Burger or River City Cafe, both spots have killer burgers but you're gonna be dropping at least $10 to eat. 

Never been to Art Burger, but I've been to several RCC's and the burger at Eddie's was better, and I like RCC. That said, Eddies is out of the way for most and RCC is better able to accommodate golf groups with its seating and atmosphere. Eddies is very much a local's restaurant, which has a burger that can compete. 

IMG_0649.jpg

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Estimable Member
03/18/2020 12:22 pm  

@2manyputters

At River City Cafe, did you have a regular burger or the Prime Short Rib Cheeseburger?  The latter is a step up when cooked medium or medium rare compared to anything else on their menu.

ReplyQuote
2manyputters
(@2manyputters)
Eminent Member
03/18/2020 12:40 pm  
Posted by: @polekat914

@2manyputters

At River City Cafe, did you have a regular burger or the Prime Short Rib Cheeseburger?  The latter is a step up when cooked medium or medium rare compared to anything else on their menu.

Have't tried that one. How long has that burger been on the menu? When I had a townhouse at Barefoot I hit the RCC at Barefoot Landing regularly. Moved out to Longs over two years ago and haven't been to a River City since. Actually, I don't order burgers out very often these days, but I had one recently that I thought deserved comment.

Next time I pass a RCC and have an appetite, I'm going in and get that short rib burger. 👍 

IMG_0649.jpg

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Estimable Member
03/18/2020 12:55 pm  

@2manyputters

Ate least a few years.  It's the last one listed under the "Specialty Burger" menu.  I hope it lives up to expectations.  Each time I've ordered it, it was outstanding and better than their traditional, which are solid in their own right.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
03/19/2020 9:51 am  

Been going to Eddies for a while, my wife's hairdresser is right beside it and I grab a bite at time when I am waiting.

ReplyQuote
Share: