Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Local Scoop - Pawle...

Local Scoop - Pawleys Plantation (07/11/2019)  

RSS

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Trusted Member
12/07/2019 6:18 pm  

Played Pawleys Plantation on Thursday. Tees, fairways and bunkers were in very good shape. Turf quality on the greens was very good, and they held well struck shots ... even my 4-iron on the 17th hole which traditionally is very difficult to stay on the green. However the greens putted slow and grainy like the old Heather Glen & Myrtlewood greens. Range was in great shape with good turf and new balls. I enjoyed the layout a lot and would return again but would like to see the greens verti-cut and shaved a notch lower.

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
12/07/2019 6:22 pm  

Thanks Bob!

Just played PP twice (the most recent one was last April) and really did enjoy!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
12/07/2019 7:52 pm  

Some very interesting and tough holes at PP - and unlike the other guys I played with, I enjoyed the stupid very short par 3 but not 17 - I've only played it twice - don't play the south courses very often 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
12/07/2019 8:35 pm  

Always enjoy a game at Pawley's, good holes and good staff there.  Thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
12/07/2019 9:07 pm  

Pawleys has bybrid greens, so they don't have to be slow.   Hopefully it's a temp 
maint reason. 

Thanks!  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
13/07/2019 6:03 am  

I played Pawleys Plantation many years ago. The layout is interesting. I will try to replay there next winter.

This post was modified 1 week ago by S***H

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
13/07/2019 6:12 am  

Thanks Bob,

Still on my bucket list.

Gotta get there.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
15/07/2019 11:38 am  

Thanks for the report. Enjoy the layout.

ReplyQuote
Share: