Notifications

Top 10 courses  

Page 2 / 2
   RSS

Since a lot of the old threads are gone (or so I think) can we start a new top 10 list for those new to MBGT?  I’ll go first, obviously!  I think the argument can be made that this list could be scrambled in any one of a dozen rankings 

Bald Head

The Dunes

Caledonia

Glen Dornoch

Tidewater

True Blue

Myrtle Beach National

Thistle

Rivers Edge

River Club

26 Answers

Caledonia 

Kings North

True Blue

Heritage

Leopard Chase

Tidewater

Grande Dunes resort

Prestwick

TPC

Rivers Edge

Brownwood Bandit

True Blue

Thistle 

Tidewater

Tradition 

Prestwick 

Crow Creek

Farmstead (par 6, play from tips)

Tigers Eye 

Rivers Edge (would be higher but I can't give too high of props to a course that uses a driving range artificial grass mat on a tee box)

About anything that is on the international waterway.

Top 10 layouts...Not my Top 10 favorites. (I've only played 60%/70% of the MB area courses)

Not in order...

1 Rivers Edge

2 Dunes

3 Tidewater

4 True Blue

5 BF Fazio

6 Surf Club

7 Thistle

8  Caledonia

9 BF Dye

10 Willbrook

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

My choices n no particular order.

Dunes, Prestwick, Heritage, True Blue, Cape Fear National, Bald Head Island, Kings North, Tidewater, BF Fazio, BF Dye, 

Here are my favorites:

The Dunes, Caledonia, Surf Club, Tidewater, Grande Dunes Resort, TPC, Rivers Edge, Heritage, Arrowhead and finally  The Granddaddy.

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

No particular order, just a list of great golf courses:

Caledonia

True Blue

TPC

Surf Club

Dunes Club

BF Dye

Thistle

BF Love

Pawley's Plantation

Tidewater

Will now have to put Thistle in and remove Pine Lakes.

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

Please tell me about The Surf Club.

I’m not familiar with it. Is it a public course.

I have played most of the others.

Surf Club is a private course that Brian can get you on (as well as Dunes Club) It's a great old course that is considered one of the best if not the best conditioned tracks in MB. Extremely fast and difficult greens. An old school layout that isn't easy. You should try and get on one day. 1putt1 is a member.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

I would love to check it out. I have played the Dunes Club before and love it.

What are the costs to play at the Surf Club as a guest ?  Are the tee times available for only certain times or days ?

I will be in Myrtle staying at NBP  from 10/13 -10/27 

I would love to play there anytime...would take a late afternoon tee time or whatever is available.

Surf usually allows early morning tee times. Price is around $100 I think. Call Brian - he can help you. It is worth playing - old style course 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Peak season Surf is around $139 on Pkg.     Usually only has tee times for Pkg on Mon-Wed. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Page 2 / 2
Share: