Forum2019-01-13T12:04:03+00:00

Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Putting with the pin in?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

If i am with a group, i follow what they do and remove the pin. Dont want to cause a stir, if i am playing alone i will leave it in, doesnt bother me at all. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

My feelings exactly Shep. 

All the ol' pros that taught me the game always said. "The only thing the flag stick can do is keep a good putt from going in."

And yet the science guy on the PGA tour says leave the pin in - it's a personal choice - will take some serious practice with the pin in to convince me

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

In a scientific test - it's better to leave the pin in at all times

https://mygolfspy.com/flagstick-in-flagstick-out-2019-new-golf-rules/  

Gonna start trying it

Dave Pelz, the short game guru... has done extensive testing.

He says leave it in.

Some courses,though, have crappy sticks that lean.

And if it's leaning towards you, the ball ain't gonna go down. 

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

The tests sound good, but they are based on hitting the center of the hole on every putt. 

Most putts missed from outside about 5-10 feet don't hit the hole, so the pin has no effect
on those misses and from make-able range, we usually have good enough speed not to need 
the pin.   How many times do you race a putt too hard over the center of the hole in a year? 
I'll bet very few.   

My thought is that pin in putting results will be insignificant.   
It is nice being able to leave the pin in on long putts that can get away or being able to 
putt without waiting for pin removal.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

They tested center and off center hits on the pins. I kind of like it.

I'm wondering of it will help with aim on longer putts .

Sometimes it's hard to see the hole from 30+feet if it's unattended. 

To speed up play ,most people just agree to pull the pin so no one has to tend it.

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

Played today with the pin in. Hard to say if it helped but our four some played faster

Played today with the pin in. Hard to say if it helped but our four some played faster

It was the objective behind this rule change.

Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share:

Brian Noblin

Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers

Phone: 844.706.7503

Web: Visit the Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers website today!

Working

Please Login or Register