Driver Distance By ...

Notifications
Clear all

Driver Distance By Handicap and Age

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

See how you match up with other Male Amateurs. 

By HDC:
http://www.golfwrx.com/637222/the-average-driving-distance-for-male-amateur-golfers-in-each-handicap-range/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Trending&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

By Age:   http://www.golfwrx.com/638134/the-average-driving-distance-for-male-amateur-golfers-by-age /

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

Those distances look about right.  Almost all of the guys I play with way over-estimate how far they hit the ball.  Got to be an ego thing.  

garyt1957 liked
ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Most golfers don't truly know how far they hit it. Many are infected with old man disease and ALWAYS come up short on approach shots. The comment is - I always hit a 5 iron 180 yards!!!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Forgot to add that comment is said after he comes up 15 yards short!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Those numbers appears good. If you have over 65 years old, all depend of your physical condition. If you have stay active, making sports, and if your are on good health the results could be better.

Thanks for the information.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Trusted Member

I am 73. Don’t have an official handicap, but typically shoot in mid 90’s in Myrtle. My good drives now are in 230 yard range, down from 250-260 just a couple of years ago. However, I have noticed very little loss of distance with my irons. Thankful that I am in pretty good shape for an old fart😄.

ReplyQuote
garyt1957
(@garyt1957)

Those numbers work for me. I'm 64 and hit it about 210. I'll get it out to 240 on occasion and 250 is a very rare happening.

Played with a guy in MB at Long Bay  who I was sure was at least 70 but heck say he was 65 even and he hit the ball 280! It was incredible watching him drive the ball.

ReplyQuote
Benmore
(@benmore)
Eminent Member

Fairly accurate in my case. I'll take my 220 in the fairway over 260 in the rough any day. If your short game is decent you can still score quite well with that yardage. 

ReplyQuote
Share: