Forum2019-01-13T12:04:03+00:00

Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Week 1 Stats  

RSS

Colby
(@colby)
Member Admin
December 28, 2018 4:22 pm  

As I mentioned on a previous post, we are now over 100 members signed up on the new site.  Welcome one and all and we look forward to your contributions!

Just thought I would throw up some quick stats on the site based on the first week (well sort of the first week, today is still incomplete and the 22nd was a transition day that had the site down for most of the day).  So here we go:

Week1Stats

As expected, the forum is the most visited page with over 1800 visits during that time.  In comparison, the Home page is second with just over 200 visits.

Thanks again to everyone who takes the time and effort to contribute.  When you participate, you help in making this the best place to get the latest information on Myrtle Beach.

--
Cheers
Colby

ReplyQuote
Colby
(@colby)
Member Admin
January 6, 2019 1:28 am  

I wanted to follow up on the Stats post with a little more information on some different stats.  One of the things that Brian and I talked about when moving the site to the new platform was the ability to strengthen the security footprint of the site by using updated technologies.  I was spending a lot of time in the background trying to keep the old site as secure as I could, and there were times that things snuck through (like the mass SPAM in the forum that in the end caused us to lose several hundred topics,

So with that lead in, we have been on the new site for just over two weeks, and here are some of the security-based statistics:

MBGT Security 0002

This first one shows the number of SPAM comments and posts that have been caught in the first two weeks.  The next two are more telling.  They show the number of attack attempts and where they are coming from over the last two weeks.  It's quite significant! It's nice to know that these blocks are happening automatically.  That is something the old site could not do.

MBGT Security 0001
MBGT Security 0000

So once again, thank you for the patience and understanding as we get this new site up and functioning the way we want it.  We will all be safer in the long run.

--
Cheers
Colby

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Eminent Member
January 6, 2019 9:02 am  

It is a lot better than before. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Eminent Member
January 6, 2019 6:50 pm  

Pretty interesting facts for sure Colby!

Keep up the great work!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Colby
(@colby)
Member Admin
January 7, 2019 5:17 pm  

Throwing this one out also.  We seem to be back to usual levels of user participation.  A slight dip the weekend of the cut-over; however, adoption seems to be pretty good  🍻 

30 days of Stats

--
Cheers
Colby

DenisGilbert liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Brian Noblin

Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers

Phone: 844.706.7503

Web: Visit the Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers website today!

Working

Please Login or Register