Notifications
Clear all

Are you delaying your Golf Trip in Myrtle Beach this Fall Due to Covid-19? Poll is created on Sep 13, 2020

Golf Packages in Myrtle Beach  

RSS

Keith Rabb
(@keith-rabb)
09/13/2020 8:12 am  

I just booked a golf package with removed link " target="true"> it is a nice package and good deal and our group of 8 is very excited and looking forward to it. I was wondering what the situation is like in area currently due to the covid-19 situation.

This topic was modified 1 day ago by BNLongdriver

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
09/13/2020 3:11 pm  

You can look at articles at MyrtleBeachOnLine.com  but besides counts, it's not a 
lot of help to decide how safe it is. 

I found with my group, that it's flying and age that is affecting decisions.      

The World Am was played a week ago.    When are you going?  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
09/13/2020 6:43 pm  

Flying and age were also the reasons our group canceled this year.  This would have been our 26th straight year for MB golf!  Already making plans with Brian to resume in 2021.  

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
09/13/2020 8:58 pm  

The results do not surprise me. Maybe in the fall 2021...hard to say.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/14/2020 8:34 am  

We'll be there in about a week....5 months after we had to postpone our Spring trip. 

ReplyQuote
Dobbs2u
(@dobbs2u)
09/14/2020 6:41 pm  

We cancelled a trip in April, 28 in the group. Of those, 12 of us re-booked for November. Just having it booked gave us cause for optimism, hope for better things to come. As November approaches, and the border still closed (and not looking good for opening any time soon) it looks like we will be cancelling again. We're all over 60 and although we would be driving down, the thought of doing 14 day quarantine upon return is a major factor, that together with travel medical insurance pretty much assures putting off the trip until March. Normally this time of year, I would start putting together a group for the spring trip, but I think I will postpone looking into anything until at least December. Hopefully things will start to turn around, a vaccine might be ready and life will return to some sort of normal.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
09/16/2020 2:35 pm  
Posted by: @skippy

We'll be there in about a week.

And playing several rounds together!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/16/2020 3:13 pm  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

We'll be there in about a week.

And playing several rounds together!

Lookin forward to it. Be prepared, NONE of the 3 of us are on our "A" games right now.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
09/16/2020 7:25 pm  

Are you flying or driving Skippy ?

How long you staying ?

I'll be in NMB on Oct3rd....driving from northern Illinois.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/16/2020 7:44 pm  
Posted by: @jw11

How long you staying ?

jw11

We drive...leave Tuesday night around 6pm, drive all night & hit town around 9. 

Noon tee time that day. We leave the following Thursday, 10-1 early morning, so we just missed.

Staying at Barefoot yacht club north tower, same unit we've had several times. 

Not many reasonable flight plans from central ill, unless you drive to indy or Chicago. Flew out Champaign on my 1st trip in '88, been driving ever since.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
09/16/2020 8:03 pm  

Skip. Golf is about enjoying the day and the challenge regardless of the score. We’ll have a good time cutting up and hopefully making a few good shots and putts 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/16/2020 8:17 pm  
Posted by: @undercover-golf-pro

Skip. Golf is about enjoying the day and the challenge regardless of the score. We’ll have a good time cutting up and hopefully making a few good shots and putts 

Truer words never spoken. Am fully committed to enjoy the ride, no matter where it takes me...we all are. 

Great flyover of Winged Foot here, good yardage graphics, & green slope indicators....the Open is gonna be a hoot !

https://youtu.be/qWl3FJN4ITg

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
09/17/2020 8:08 am  
Posted by: @jw11

How long you staying ?

jw11

We drive...leave Tuesday night around 6pm, drive all night & hit town around 9. 

Noon tee time that day. We leave the following Thursday, 10-1 early morning, so we just missed.

Staying at Barefoot yacht club north tower, same unit we've had several times. 

Not many reasonable flight plans from central ill, unless you drive to indy or Chicago. Flew out Champaign on my 1st trip in '88, been driving ever since.

Do you take the Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia,  NC  SC Route.. or KY, Tennessee  NC ,SC  route ?

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/17/2020 8:13 am  

We used to go to Cincinnati & head south from there, but lately we've been using the West Virginia/Virginia route. Not always interstate, but still 4 lane divided, & an easier drive, less radical mountains to drive through. No matter what route we takes, it's usually 14 hours door to door.

ReplyQuote
Share: