Notifications
Clear all

Ok...Who got their vaccine?

Page 1 / 6

Artist08
(@artist08)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got my first dose this past Friday and will get my second dose on March 5.  I am a teacher do in-person instruction every day, so I felt like it was important to be vaccinated asap.  Of course, I wanted to get vaccinated before I get on a Spirit flight to MB on March 27!

Will your trip plans change before or after you’ve received yours?

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

I’m sincerely quite happy for you @Artist08 and I hope that with your second vacciné shot, you’ll have the peace of mind for your upcoming golf trip!

That said, here in my part of Canada, the vaccination pace can’t be lower than right now (less of 4 % of the adult population have received... the first shot). And to add insult to revile, we’re under an 8 PM curfew since December 26 and that damn curfew will probably prevails at least till March 15!

Damn I’m missing our freedom... Damn I’m missing Myrtle Beach!

Have fun at the time being and please, hit a good one for me! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

jbshepherds and S***H liked
ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

I got my 1st vaccine 18 days ago. 2nd scheduled for 10 days from now. I'm considered an essential worker. My company set it up. 

My mother Is 84 and can't find an appointment

My daughter a school teacher also cant find an appointment

Both should have gotten theirs before me, imo.

It's crazy here in Illinois.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Reputable Member

Got my first shot February 1st, 2nd getting done March 1st.

No underlying conditions....just old.

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

My wife works at a PA office she has had both shots with no issues. I have not had a shot yet.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

Artist08 enjoy your trip wishing I was there with you. Hoping to meet up again some day!

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@denisgilbert

The rollout of the vaccine should get a boost with the new deliveries in Canada scheduled in March. So i am optimist to receive my first vaccine shot in April if all goes well. Still optimist to return in Myrtle Beach during this fall if all goes well.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @s333h

@denisgilbert

The rollout of the vaccine should get a boost with the new deliveries in Canada scheduled in March. So i am optimist to receive my first vaccine shot in April if all goes well. Still optimist to return in Myrtle Beach during this fall if all goes well.

Your advantage of being over 65...😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@denisgilbert

Even more and counting Denis 😊 

ReplyQuote
DCBogeyman
(@kladusky)

Signed-up on-line with CVS on March 12.  We couldn't find anything close to Pawleys Island.  We had to drive 1.5 hours one way. Wife and I got vaccinated Sunday February 14.  She said is was the best Valentines Day gift I could have got her.  Second dose is March 14.  CVS ran the vaccination program like clockwork.  Check in 15 minutes before appointment, get shot, wait 15 minutes to see if there are any side-effects.    

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@kladusky

Glad for you two. It is the way to go to return to a normal life.

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

My wife gets her second dose next Monday. I will be in Myrtle, so she will be one week into her second dose when I return. Therefore I won't have to quarantine. I am under 65 so I will not get a first shot till likely the April/May timeframe.

This is going to be a very low key trip! Got very lucky on the timeframe of this virus and the Myrtle trip. Last year at the end of Feb it was showing up in the northwest and everything here was pretty much normal, no impact on Myrtle trip. Now we have the vaccine at least for my wife and I am still going.  

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@kio57

This is going to be a very low key trip! But for you it will be still possible to play golf and have some fun before we return to a normal life. 😉 

kio57 liked
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

My wife got both shots, Medical worker. My inlaws got the first one, getting second soon. I am now eligible for it, i have to set it up. My kids are not old enough to get it.  

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

Got my first shot on February 1, second on March 1.  Wife is one day behind me.  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share: