Notifications
Clear all

Feeling down  

Page 3 / 3

coastalguy
(@coastal-guy)
Trusted Member

I understand that this is a tourism industry, but I think the beaches have opened up too soon here in myrtle beach. Also, didn't realize our mayor owned the local Better Brands beer distribution center, makes me wonder what motives led to opening up so early.... I feel bad for y'all that couldn't make it down here, but its the right thing to stay safe.

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

Myrtle Beach is making the news for all the wrong reasons right now. The governor of New Jersey mention Myrtle Beach this morning as a cause in a jump of cases in that state.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member

Posted by: @kio57

Myrtle Beach this morning as a cause in a jump of cases in that state.

I hate the politics being played.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jtsponcia
(@jtsponcia)

I drank hose water when I was a kid and went to Myrtle and none of my kin-folk got the Flu.  When people are exposed (I know, not a doc, not offering great medical advice here) they build up immunities like hitting a bunch of balls, you get calluses.  Glad my family could go and enjoy Myrtle.  I'm more worried about gangs downtown than the flu.

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

@jtsponcia Glad to see you made a post. How have you been? Have not seen any post of your the last couple years.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

@6542golf

I agree. Joe Sponcia has always been a great poster on this board. Recently  it was more quiet. Hoping that we will read him more often in the future.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

@jtsponcia

Joe, good post on your thoughts, hope you remain active on the Forum.

ReplyQuote
Dobbs2u
(@dobbs2u)

Our group of 28 had to cancel our March 27-April 4 trip. Major disappointment all around. 

All you can do is stay safe, take the necessary precautions and plan another trip. If you

don't make plans, things tend to not happen. I have re-booked a group of 12 for Nov 7-14.

Fingers crossed this Covid nonsense clears up to allow for that trip. We have booked with

Brian Noblin for the past 3 years, and he is the absolute best. Always ready to go the extra

mile to get you what you need. No problems with our cancellations and re-booking for the

smaller group was a breeze. Looking forward to the November trip and also thinking about

next March. With Easter being the first weekend in April we will be booking March 20 - 27 th

week to avoid any family conflicts with Easter. Hopefully this Covid will pass and/or they will

have developed a vaccine before then. Wishing everyone good health and good things in the

coming months.

BT

As you can imagine we had to cancel the Nov 2020 trip as well. This now being New Years Eve and the borders still closed, things are somewhat more hopeful with the vaccines being available, but still uncertain enough to resist trying to organize a March trip.

Instead we have booked with Brian for Nov 6-13, 2021, staying at Ellington at Wachesaw E. in Murrells Inlet. Playing 6 southern courses, Founders, River Club, Tradition, Litchfield, Wachesaw E & Blackmoor. I have 22
deposits for the trip, 22 of the 28 who were less than 14 days away from our April 2020 trip when everything
went sideways.

Here's hoping life returns to something approaching normal by summer 2021. Until then, here's wishing everyone
a happy, safe, healthy and prosperous 2021. Best wishes to all.

BT

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Trusted Member

So sad for everyone... not getting the usual Myrtle Beach 'fix' harms the psyche.  The body and spirit needs it more now, there's not many experiences to take its place.  

ReplyQuote
OBBlues
(@obblues)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

BT, nice that you have a trip booked again. Hopefully by November we will have some sense of normalcy. I'm trying to decide whether to book my time share for the normal July or August trip or put it in the rental program. Our time share is ending in 2 years because of the land being sold (something we knew about when we got it very cheap 15 years ago) so it would be nice to get back at least one more time. My wife is suggesting a fall trip but I like the fall golf season here in Collingwood and I'd really like to try and get another guys' MB trip in November. Happy New Year to all and let's hope for a much better 2021. 

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Like everyone, i hope that the New Year will bring a lot of positive news concerning our golf trips in Myrtle Beach. I am planning one for November. Happy New Year to all the members on this forum.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: