Thee Dollhouse

15 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Finally flipped the calendar to April which means the Jersey Boys will be heading down to Myrtle 3 weeks from today.  Kept getting questions from some of the others about Thee Dollhouse, so I decided to put a call out.  Here's what I was told.

Club opens daily at 4 PM.  With NMB recently removing mask restrictions, neither the customers or the ladies are required to wear masks.  In addition to dancing on stage, the girls are roaming freely through the room.  VIP rooms are up and running as well.  The person I spoke to said 'It's pretty much business as usual'.  

Not sure what it all means for our trip.  My hunch is that some will be overcome by curiosity and the desire to see a nice rack and will venture in.  As on of my guys jokingly said... that cheap perfume they douse themselves in will kill just about anything.

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

Didn't bars in MB or SC have a 10:30 or 11:00PM curfew?
Was that ended with the masks being lifted?    

In a place like that, everyone has to yell to talk, so if anyone has 
the CV in them, it will spread floating around on the smoke.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

@artmbgolf  I remember seeing something back in February that restrictions on alcohol sales were lifted or in the process of being lifted.

ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Trusted Member

I was in Myrtle last week. Doll House marquee advertising $5 steak and eggs after 4 am, ? ? 

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @djgoodmansr

I was in Myrtle last week. Doll House marquee advertising $5 steak and eggs after 4 am, ? ? 

Did you get 'em sunny side up or scrambled?

jw11 reacted
ReplyQuote
djgoodmansr
(@djgoodmansr)
Trusted Member

@brewcrew

Sunny side up of course!

jw11 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)
Trusted Member

Hope all eggs remained unfertilised....

djgoodmansr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kio57)
Reputable Member

@artmbgolf

That 10:30 alcohol thing was lifted just a week or so after we were there at the end of February.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @frostyjock

Hope all eggs remained unfertilised....

Hey Frosty!...been a long time.

How's life on the other side of the pond?

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Can ya order the eggs with extra covid ?

Joking aside, this sounds dangerously  dangerous.

It would be a Covid Convention in there. 

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

Posted by: @djgoodmansr

That's to get ready for a early tee time.  🙂 

Any golf reports?  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)
Trusted Member

@skippy

Hey Skippy. The UK has been in Lockdown since Christmas although the first relaxation was last week when up to 6 people from 2 households could start meeting up outside and in a weeks time shops will be allowed to open and bars/restaurants can open again for up to 6 people to meet outside. By mid May the bars and restaurants will be able to allow customers inside although still in limited numbers. Our vaccination programme is going really well with over 30 million people having had at least their first vaccination which is over half the population so we are ahead of the game on that front.

The bad news is that no non-essential travel is allowed until the end of June and it actually looks as if travel is still going to be restricted after that. Much though we would like to categorise our MB trip as essential travel we had to make the decision to postpone our 2021 trip to 2022 which was tough as we had already had to move the 2020 trip to 2021 so it will be a long three years between our 2019 trip and 2022. Everyone had been very accommodating with the condo people we use agreeing to shift our reservation for Barefoot Yacht Club out to April next year and Brian has been contacted about moving our tee-times forward a year as well although it's probably a bit early to be able to confirm tee-times for all the courses just yet.

Golf courses have only just been allowed to open again in England last week so I have my first round of the year next week. I played twice in the last year so I've definitely played the least golf in the last 18 months probably since I was 8 or 9 - there's going to be a lot of rust to knock off my swing next Wednesday. Our group is planning a couple of UK trips as realistically there has to be a serious question if trips to Spain and Portugal are going to be possible this year.

Hope all forum members are well and coping with the current strange new world we find ourselves in. There does seem to be an end in sight to the worst impacts of Covid on all our lives although unfortunately I think it's going to be a while yet until we get back to exactly what life was like before Covid. I think the global vaccination programme needs to make much more significant inroads into the total world's population, the existing vaccines need to be seen to be effective against the variants that will appears as they do with all viruses and the plan for an ongoing Covid vaccination programme for everyone for at least foreseeable future much like the flu vaccination programme for the older generation before all Governments are going to allow a relaxing of every restriction that currently applies.

Keep the trip reports coming from those of you that are still able to travel to MB - those of us that can't really appreciate them.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Honorable Member

@frostyjock

Good to hear you're OK.

We were lucky enough to still make it to the beach last year, just 5 months late.

Heading down in 2 weeks for 12 rounds in 7 days, also staying at BF yacht club. 

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)
Trusted Member

Will look forward to reading your trip reports as they are always entertaining. There will be a tinge of sadness too though as we are usually in MB at the end of April/beginning of May so your report is a sort of warm up for us and gives us a steer on what conditions to expect with any courses/strippers we have in common... 

Enjoy your trip.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

@frostyjock

Thanks for letting us know how the UK is handling the Covid situation. 

Looks like they have their sh*t together, unlike us in the U.S.

We have too many states allowing "anything goes" and too many people that think Covid is just the flu... and refuse to get the the vaccine or wear masks.

I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.

Good to hear from you Frosty.

With a little luck we will see another MB Golf Report from you in the near future.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Share: