Notifications
Clear all

New GIOS Italian Restaurant  

RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
09/14/2020 2:35 pm  

Delayed by the coronavirus, this Italian restaurant finally set to open in Myrtle Beach

SEPTEMBER 12, 2020 05:32 PM
COURTESY OF GIOS ITALIAN KITCHEN

Gios Italian Kitchen is finally ready to open in Myrtle Beach.

Gios, whose original location in Pawleys Island on Rasheed Land, is set to open its second such restaurant Tuesday at 7915 N Kings Highway in a building near Publix Super Market that used to
house an Applebees. The business had previously planned to open in April or May before being delayed by the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

“After six years of proudly serving the community of Pawleys Island with high quality foods and care, it is our great honor and privilege to announce Gios II opening up in Myrtle Beach on Tuesday September 15, 2020 to the public!” Gios stated on Facebook earlier this month. “It has been a humbling experience building during a pandemic, but we are so excited to share our recipes and quality service with the city of Myrtle Beach. Gios II is currently hiring and training for all positions, if you or anyone you know would like to interview for a chance at a career in the fine dining industry please send us a message on Facebook!”

Manager Eri Hoxha told The Sun News in late December that people can expect the same “freshness, quality and service” of the existing restaurant. While the eatery is upscale, Hoxha described it as really just a nice place for a family to eat a home-style Italian meal together.

“We’re bringing upscale Italian with six years in fine dining,” she said. “When I say upscale I don’t mean $50 dishes. I mean a nice, modern Italian restaurant with a family vibe.”

The menu features classics like lasagna, meatballs and calamari. The new location could also have some special dishes. Ultimately, Gios cooks the food that chefs and staff want to eat. The owners are a family of seven with two brothers as chefs.

“We want to treat everyone as family,” she said. “We love food, we love to cook.”

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
09/14/2020 2:36 pm  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
09/15/2020 8:07 am  

Good to hear.  Always looking for local restaurants to patronize.  

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
09/20/2020 7:20 pm  

Hoping to get there this winter.

ReplyQuote
SecondandGoal
(@secondandgoal)
Eminent Member
09/25/2020 10:44 am  

I've had takeout from the Pawley's Island location, and it was fantastic. Hopefully the expansion doesn't drag down quality. If not, definitely worth a visit.

ReplyQuote
Share: