Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

If you were in MB area ONE NIGHT... where would you dine ???  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
February 3, 2019 10:32 pm  
Posted by: tadpole

Where is the Mid-Town Bistro located?  I've been a Martini's fan for a long time but was disappointed with their prime rib last October.

It is near the Azalea Sands entrance, same side of 17.  
It is a good place.  For a popular place, it has a small parking lot.   

This post was modified 4 months ago by ArtMBGolf

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
wolfpackguy
(@wolfpackguy)
Eminent Member
February 3, 2019 11:26 pm  

Azalea Sands is literally Midtown's backyard.  Parking could definitely have been an issue at times but Jeff bought the property next door and tore down that little white wedding chapel.  From what I understand that provided a few more spaces plus they offer complimentary Valet service most evenings.   Wide variety of selections and prices.  Good priced apps. and everything from 8-9 buck sandwiches to $30 steaks and prime rib.  Nice fresh seafood collection as well.  Sometimes the owner even takes his own boat out in the morning and the dinner special will be whatever he caught that day.  Here is their website if you are interested.  http://www.midtownbistro.com/

ReplyQuote
Bob Washburn
(@bob-washburn)
Eminent Member
February 4, 2019 9:54 am  

Years ago I heard what is most likely an urban legend about a twosome that teed off one morning for a round at Azalea Sands.  On the completion of the round they drove through the parking lot looking for their vehicle.  Not finding the car, they went to the pro shop to report it stolen and found out that they were in the Beechwood parking lot.  I can't attest to the veracity of this tale.  

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Trusted Member
February 4, 2019 10:35 am  

Thanks for the info.  I will try Mid-Town this October.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
February 4, 2019 1:22 pm  
Posted by: Bob Washburn

Years ago I heard what is most likely an urban legend about a twosome that teed off one morning for a round at Azalea Sands.  On the completion of the round they drove through the parking lot looking for their vehicle.  Not finding the car, they went to the pro shop to report it stolen and found out that they were in the Beechwood parking lot.  I can't attest to the veracity of this tale.  

I can see that happening!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Estimable Member
February 24, 2019 11:13 pm  
Posted by: wolfpackguy

Original Capt. Benjamins on restaurant row and I'm going to eat an offensive amount of Crab Legs.   If you guys like Martinis you should try Midtown Bistro...owned by Jeff Martini, original owner of Martinis. 

Good Midtown Bistro info WolfPack.

Appreciate that.

I will give that a try

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
wolfpackguy
(@wolfpackguy)
Eminent Member
February 27, 2019 8:37 pm  

Funny story guys...the little White Wedding Chapel wasn't torn down.  Had my buildings mixed up and I believe it was a building between the two that met it's demise.  But anyway there is still more parking than before.  The owner of Midtown, Jeff Martini, did however purchase the Chapel and work is in progress to turn it into a late night bourbon bar.  Interested to see how it turns out. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: