Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Your favorite restaurant(s) that no one talks about....  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Estimable Member
January 3, 2019 7:26 pm  

mine are....

BOARDWALK BEACH CAFE

It's ON the Cherry Grove Pier.

They do have indoor seating, but I only like it when it's warm enough to sit outside.

You are virtually sitting over the ocean (esp @high tide).

And taking in the beach and bikini atmosphere while eating / drinking is a huge +.

They have very good frozen/slushy cocktails for the hot beach days...and a decent selection of beers.

All the food we have gotten there has been pretty good to very good.

We've been there 10+ times.

CIAO (in MB)

Italian restaurant that serves huge portions of high quality food.

The  CHICKEN CIAO  is similar to chicken parm...and more than enough for two people.

Great suggestion from Art when I was looking for a spot to go when my wife's friend came to visit us.

jw11

This topic was modified 6 months ago 5 times by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
January 3, 2019 10:04 pm  

Aspen Grill:  Nice for bringing your wife or a quiet golf group. 

Sam Sneads:   Seems to get overlooked.   

Hook and Barrel:    New in 2018.  82nd and 17.     Variety of seafood and some meats.     

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Trusted Member
January 4, 2019 6:30 pm  

I have never heard anyone on this site (other than me) mention a small, local Italian place in Little River called Pizelli's.  For really good, inexpensive food it cannot be beat.  It is located on Rt. 17 and is usually filled with locals by 5:30 PM.  Except for a few specialty pizzas there is nothing on the menu over $15.00.  

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Estimable Member
January 4, 2019 9:21 pm  

I've seen Pizzellis Tadpole, but haven't stopped yet.

We are late diners , so we will try it around 8pm some night after the locals leave.

Thanks for the scoop.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
January 5, 2019 8:50 am  

I like Benitos, in North Myrtle Beach. Good italian food and pizza. It is near of the Beachwood golf course.

ReplyQuote
Bob Washburn
(@bob-washburn)
Eminent Member
January 5, 2019 11:59 am  

I enjoy Lombardo's on Kings Highway across from the SteinMarts plaza.

ReplyQuote
Ploots
(@ploots)
Eminent Member
January 5, 2019 4:20 pm  

I love The Barbecue House across from the old Robbers Roost. The cinnamon butter for the hush puppies is unique. I also miss the old Tony ‘s Italian Restaurant that used to be in that area.

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
Eminent Member
January 7, 2019 10:09 am  

My vote is Finn McCools for the Beef Stew.  

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
January 7, 2019 8:43 pm  

I’ve always raved about Ducati’s (in plaza across from GD)!

ReplyQuote
OBBlues
(@obblues)
Eminent Member
January 8, 2019 11:04 am  

I second Ducati's. Went there last summer and had a great meal. 

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Eminent Member
January 8, 2019 2:57 pm  

For Italian cuisine, Ducatis and Ciao are excellent.  Our family has been to both many times and thoroughly enjoy the food and atmosphere.  In Calabash, the best new option is Oyster Rock; great food choices, lots of seafood and American cuisine.  It's worth the drive.

ReplyQuote
gman
 gman
(@gman)
January 10, 2019 1:48 pm  
Posted by: tadpole

I have never heard anyone on this site (other than me) mention a small, local Italian place in Little River called Pizelli's.  For really good, inexpensive food it cannot be beat.  It is located on Rt. 17 and is usually filled with locals by 5:30 PM.  Except for a few specialty pizzas there is nothing on the menu over $15.00.  

Excellent choice. When I'm  down in my condo, I eat there at least once a week if not twice.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
January 13, 2019 2:03 pm  

We like to go to Boardwalk Billy's, across from the new NMB Stores, also Patio's in Little River is also consistently good, both have Pub Grub style food.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
January 24, 2019 12:18 am  

Co Sushi in Market Common is pretty solid for both sushi and other Southeast Asian dishes.  My wife and I go there once in a while for Happy Hour and they have some awesome HH deals.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
January 24, 2019 12:46 pm  
Posted by: Polekat914

Co Sushi in Market Common is pretty solid for both sushi and other Southeast Asian dishes.  My wife and I go there once in a while for Happy Hour and they have some awesome HH deals.

Totally agree with you my friend!

Each time we're coming in Myrtle Beach, alone with my wife or with my daughters and sons in law, we're always keeping a date in the agenda to have dinner out there.

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: