Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

If you were in MB area ONE NIGHT... where would you dine ???  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

chaz
 chaz
(@chaz)
12/31/2018 3:55 pm  

If money is no object, my choice would be New York Prime.  My wife's choice and my 2nd choice would be Collector's Café

So I guess it will be Texas Roadhouse

ReplyQuote
valefty
(@valefty)
01/02/2019 2:12 pm  

Angelo's or Carolina Roadhouse. I'll just eat two dinners!

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Eminent Member
01/02/2019 6:49 pm  

I'd be heading off to happy hour at the Dead Dog Saloon for some Boo Boo Bites, a cold beverage and a little music.

ReplyQuote
ZiggyGolfer
(@ziggygolfer)
Eminent Member
01/03/2019 12:32 pm  

Umberto's in Barefoot Landing

ReplyQuote
Jsp4433
(@jsp4433)
01/09/2019 1:15 am  

Drunken Jack's or Greg Normans for me.

ReplyQuote
Golfforetom
(@golfforetom)
01/09/2019 12:46 pm  

Bimini's for me.

ohiowilly liked
ReplyQuote
ohiowilly
(@ohiowilly)
01/21/2019 2:36 pm  

Bimini's or Umberto's @ Barefoot, or maybe Duffy Street Seafood Shack

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
01/21/2019 6:39 pm  

My choice would be the Greg Norman restaurant.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Eminent Member
01/24/2019 12:11 am  

Rioz gets my vote...and maybe Captain George's if I'm in a All You Can Eat Seafood (their crab legs are usually very good) mood.

I see a lot of Burger Fi mentioned above.  It's good.  But I would give a significant edge to River City Cafe for a great burger.  The Short Rib Burger is excellent.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
01/24/2019 5:21 am  

Burger Fi is great for French Fries - burgers are OK, lot of places that are better. My wife likes it at BF cause it's all natural. New favorite place is Pizza Kitchen - too far out of the way for anyone unless you're playing Long Bay, Aberdeen, or Shaftsbury

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
01/31/2019 11:51 pm  

some great restaurants mentioned.

One of the locals, Polekat, suggesting Capt. George's for their Calabash (all you can eat).

I've always wondered which was the best.

There were some other great suggestions I need to try.

A few places mentioned multiple times.

I gotta make another damn bucket list.

This post was modified 8 months ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
02/01/2019 4:18 pm  
Posted by: jw11
One of the locals, Polekat, suggesting Capt. George's for their Calabash (all you can eat).

I've always wondered which was the best.

There were some other great suggestions I need to try.

A few places mentioned multiple times.     I gotta make another damn bucket list.

IMO Capt George's across from Broadway and next to the PGA Super Store, is the
best seafood buffet.  

Capt Benjamins at Rest Row is also good and has non-seafood items.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
02/01/2019 6:30 pm  

My wife and I go to the Giant Crab once a year on Thanksgiving - I'm not into sea food - though I like breaded shrimp - they have a wide selection on food - fresh semi decent steaks, hibachi, and pasta. I go off my diet for that, Decent deserts too.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
wolfpackguy
(@wolfpackguy)
Eminent Member
02/03/2019 1:27 pm  

Original Capt. Benjamins on restaurant row and I'm going to eat an offensive amount of Crab Legs.   If you guys like Martinis you should try Midtown Bistro...owned by Jeff Martini, original owner of Martinis. 

This post was modified 8 months ago by wolfpackguy

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Estimable Member
02/03/2019 1:48 pm  

Where is the Mid-Town Bistro located?  I've been a Martini's fan for a long time but was disappointed with their prime rib last October.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: