Notifications
Clear all

World am courses

brucegumbel
(@brucegumbel)
Topic starter  

Monday 8/30 played Arrowhead, Lakes removed link   Course was in good shape tee to green.  Fairways were in great shape with ball sitting up.  Bunkers were very playable and with ample sand.  Greens were also in great condition.  My problem is the Bermuda.  In 12 years I can't seem to figure them out.  Shot 88 with 39 putts.  8/31 River club was up next.  Course was in good shape.  Did not see anything negative about any part of the course.  Very nice layout with some very tough holes.  Bunkers were in good shape and had rakes.  If only players knew how to use them.  Group in front of us on the island green a player took 3 shots to get out and then proceeded to run up the wall to the green and did not think twice about raking.  One of our group hit to where dimwit was, needless to say it was a very tough out.  Shot 92 with 41 putts.  Third round featured Legends Heathland,  course in my opinion was in good shape also.  Some areas if you strayed from the fairway were a little deep but that was a minor issue.  Interesting side note.  Was paired with mister no rake, second hole took 3 to get out of a bunker and commented he had no trouble getting out of them at River Club as these were too wet and compact for him.  Worst part he was a minister.  Okay back to my misery.  Shot 95 with 44 putts.  Not a typo.  4 th day had Glen Dornoch.  Good shape but there were wet areas and was ruled lift, clean and place.  The layout is tough but fair and has some very good holes,  Some of the tee boxes were a little thin but you use a tee so it doesn't really matter to me.  Shot 83 with my best putting day at 36 with pars on 15,16,17 and 18.  Finished in 12th place in my flight which I thought was not bad with my putting woes.  Once back home and back on our bent greens putted like a different person.  All in all it was a very enjoyable week of great golf, great food and cold beverages.  Will go back next year.

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Most of the courses in MB now have the modern bermuda greens with
speeds like northern bent.  I feel the Champions, etc, bermuda break 
less than bent.   The other issue on a trip is a different speed every day.   

Did mister no rake rake when you played with him? 
Did you ask if he was going to rake?  

Thanks for your report!  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
brucegumbel
(@brucegumbel)
Topic starter  

I had to remind him to rake.  Gave him the Arnold advice, that to rake the bunker like you are the next one that is going to be in it.  He smirked and said he always rakes the bunkers.  He obviously did not know I was behind him the day before.

jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

Thanks for reporting.  Hope to find GD in good shape in October.

ReplyQuote
djr6648
(@djr6648)
Trusted Member

Parring the last four holes at Glen Dornach is pretty impressive. Guys who don’t take care of the course like not raking bunkers or not fixing ball marks drive me crazy .

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Thanks @brucegumbel for reporting and hope your next MB golf trip will come as soon as possible!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member

Thanks for the great report, I think it is time to see a professional about the putting issues. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: