Question: Is Sea Tr...

Notifications
Clear all

Question: Is Sea Trail affected by Riptide Builder Development ?

7 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm on Riptide Builders email list and they sent me an email today saying they bought 19 tracks of undeveloped land (221 acres) in Sea Trail.  Here's the link to the site map.

https://www.riptidebuilders.com/sea-trail-map

Anyone familiar with Sea Trail enough to know if any of the golf courses are affected ?

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Famed Member

I expanded the map and it it's still not clear enough to follow all 
of the fairways.  I can make out the writing on some open areas, where 
it says IE Jones Fairway 1, but the holes are not drawn. 

Hopefully when they say "undeveloped land", they mean it's untouched by 
housing + golf course. 

If you bring up Google Maps and use the satellite option, it shows a lot of 
wooded ground between holes.  ST courses may become more lined by 
housing.         

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@artmbgolf  got it....thanks Art.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

When we played ST Jones in the winter, the 3rd fairway on the left side had many homes going up, also behind the green on hole 2 had new homes already occupied.  That is he only construction we saw on any of the ST courses.  There were a few spots on all 3 courses where old lots which had sold signs on them for years where finally having a home built.  

ReplyQuote
(@huntinbirdz)

Right, the property that makes up the golf courses will remain with the current owner and they will just own the courses. All the undeveloped lots/parcels will go to Riptide. A majority of this being around the Byrd with the biggest being the land between #8/#9 of Byrd and #8/#9 of Jones. There is kind of a dirt road we ride bikes on that connects Clubhouse Rd and Angel Trace Rd. The most curious parcel will be the large chunk between #1 #10 #11 and #17 of Jones. This appears to all be going to Riptide and includes the range and short game practice area. I would imagine that would be the last part they eventually develop. Most of the stuff around Maples is already built, Riptide will get the area behind #10 and along #17 and #18.

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Honorable Member Admin

The company I work for now, had first rights of refusal of the property. The golf courses will be unaffected. Mr Phan will only own the 3 courses, the 2 clubhouses, the Convention Center and the Village Activities Center. 

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
My direct line at work 888-272-7263

ReplyQuote
 bbbc
(@bbbc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you very much for the clarification.  All good information and glad the golf courses are unaffected and glad the community is seeing new development.  

ReplyQuote
Share: