Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Prestiwick with Art...

Prestiwick with Artist 08  

RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 15, 2019 7:41 pm  

Another fun day on the course Prestwick in fine condition - greens putted very well but were slow by Prestwick standards, found out after the round that they were not mowed that morning. Probably rolled a 9 and normally closed to 11. Pretty busy today - played the front in 2.15 and the back under 2. Have I ever mentioned I am not a Pete Dye fan. Artist got Dye'd several times with shots that were hit well and ended up in terrible positions.

artist 08 2

A terrific day - Artist is down here through the week with 21 players - I hope I can join him one more time.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 15, 2019 7:43 pm  

Artist 08

This is the picture I meant to post. Artist hits it long about a true 270 off the tee.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Estimable Member
April 15, 2019 8:09 pm  

Loved Prestwick when we played it a few weeks ago, it is 18 holes of tough golf, cannot think of a gimme hole for Par, thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
April 15, 2019 8:09 pm  

By the looks of the picture, it looks like he needs to go on a diet and use the Speed Sticks more.

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
April 15, 2019 8:13 pm  

Seriously, though, if you get a chance to play with UGP it’s a blast.  I really appreciate the way you tried to help my dad out!  Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Vtgolfnut
(@vtgolfnut)
April 16, 2019 3:04 pm  

Thanks for the report. Love the greens at Prestwick even though can be difficult. We will be playing shorter tees this year, a wet course from longer tees kicked my butt last year. 

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
April 16, 2019 4:21 pm  

Thanks for the report. Prestwick is one of many favorites.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Eminent Member
April 16, 2019 4:50 pm  
Posted by: Artist08

Seriously, though, if you get a chance to play with UGP it’s a blast.  I really appreciate the way you tried to help my dad out!  Thanks again!

Looking forward to it Monday @ Surf Club. 

ReplyQuote
chaz
 chaz
(@chaz)
April 16, 2019 4:50 pm  

What course was the photo taken at ?  Not Prestwick since they have gray carts.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 16, 2019 7:53 pm  

Chaz - It was a second photo taken at Crown Park

Skippy - We tee it up in just a few days - hoping for more than just one round - when you play Shaftsbury Glen you are near where I live. Head a couple of miles east and you can eat at my favorite pizza joint - The Pizza Kitchen (great fries - but no beer)

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Trusted Member
April 16, 2019 10:20 pm  

Prestwick is one of the best in MB.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Trusted Member
April 17, 2019 11:37 am  

I've always liked this course.  Several years ago I tied my all-time MB low score (74) here.  Our group stayed after to enjoy a few libations and when we were finally ready to leave we discovered that the bartender had kept the bar open an extra hour to serve us.  Needless to say she was rewarded with a large gratuity!  

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
April 17, 2019 5:05 pm  

Since getting new hybrid greens, Prestwick has been liked a lot more in the last 5-6 years.   

Thanks! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Trusted Member
April 17, 2019 8:43 pm  

One of my favorites. Awesome course.

ReplyQuote
Share: