Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

100% Opinion Here  

RSS

Heist4dmb
(@heist4dmb)
April 15, 2019 11:07 pm  

am I crazy to think Barefoot Fazio is the best golf course in Myrtle Beach? 

I adore the Dunes Club. And is my favorite. Part setting , part history. 

but I think BF Fazio is the best course at the beach. 

Better than Fazios work at TPC for sure. 

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
April 15, 2019 11:51 pm  

BF Fazio is right up there in most of our "MB Top 10" lists. 

It's not too hard to pick a favorite, but we go nuts trying to determine the best 
course.   It's easier to have a top 10 and even then there are multiple courses that
we need to squeeze in the 10th spot.     

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 16, 2019 6:00 am  

BF Fazio is a beautiful course - and each of us has our own opinions -  I think Fazio is the best of the BF courses

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Vtgolfnut
(@vtgolfnut)
April 16, 2019 2:54 pm  

Personally I do not care for the BF Fazio course. The layout is fantastic but the sand traps have been almost unplayable the last 2 times our group was there. Three members in our group of 12 lost golf balls in green side bunkers. This was with all of us watching the shot fly into the bunker but the sand was so soft that the ball plugged and disappeared. It has happened to me twice and it can ruin the round. Even when the ball was findable it was buried deep in soft sand. I have never had a bad lie in a trap at the Dunes, the ball rolls to the bottom and sits up like you see on tv. 

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
April 16, 2019 4:25 pm  

I agree with Art. To tough for me to pick one best course. I have a number I would consider in the top ten.

This post was modified 2 days ago by langille5

ReplyQuote
Panther
(@panther)
April 18, 2019 2:20 pm  

Fazio is my favorite of the BF courses, for sure.  My favorite in Myrtle is Caledonia.  I have not played Dunes Club or Tidewater, but can cross all of the other "higher end" courses off the list as played.

ReplyQuote
Share: