Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Pine Lakes and Myrt...

Pine Lakes and Myrtlewood Pine Hills  

RSS

herdman
(@herdman)
Trusted Member
17/04/2019 9:13 pm  

Played them a few days ago. I really like Pine Lakes. I guess I have a soft spot for old courses and I remember when it was really something to play Pine Lakes years ago.  The course has some really long par 4's and the wind can come into play. I just like the layout and the greens were rolling smooth. Fairways were good. Down side is there is no driving range. I find the club house to be really cool as well. Have always enjoyed playing here. The course can tend to play long with the par 4's and if the wind is up.

Hadn't played Pine Hills at Myrtlewood in some years. It was in good shape as well and the greens were really good. Another nice traditional layout that I enjoyed playing. Probably doesn't get the respect it deserves and it does see lots of play. 

I would recommend either course for a good day playing golf. 

6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
17/04/2019 9:38 pm  

Nice report thanks for sharing!

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
17/04/2019 10:25 pm  

The greens are new on Pine Hills.   

Pine Lakes #3 tee looks OK at 6305, but as a par 70, it plays long, with those 
long par 4's, with a couple of them that could be and used to be par 5's.   

Thanks for reporting. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

herdman liked
ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Trusted Member
17/04/2019 10:36 pm  
Posted by: ArtMBGolf

The greens are new on Pine Hills.   

Pine Lakes #3 tee looks OK at 6305, but as a par 70, it plays long, with those 
long par 4's, with a couple of them that could be and used to be par 5's.   

Thanks for reporting. 

Some of them play very long. Some of the also are guarded by some large, deep bunkers. Some of them are hard to reach for the average guy like me.  But, I really enjoy the course.  

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
18/04/2019 11:14 am  

Thanks for the report.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
18/04/2019 7:14 pm  

Thanks for your report.,

ReplyQuote
Ploots
(@ploots)
Eminent Member
19/04/2019 10:08 am  

I agree with Art that the 6300 tees at Pine lakes play long for a par 70 with some long par 4’s at 430 yards. So in my mind I make 2 of them par 5’s and am playing a normal par 72 course. Just a mind game as still playing the same course but it doesn’t feel so long.

ReplyQuote
tpnjhos
(@tpnjhos)
16/05/2019 4:03 pm  

Played Pine Lakes on May 9th, several greens were in bad shape. This was surprising as we have played there many times and never had an issue in previous years.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
16/05/2019 4:30 pm  

Thanks for taking the time to report!

Much appreciated!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
17/05/2019 1:29 pm  

Thanks for the report!!! Do they have Nets you can at least swing and get loose with?

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
17/05/2019 8:12 pm  

I have not seen nets at PL.   You can go to Cane Patch to hit balls, but I don't know 
if they open in time for a early tee time.    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
19/05/2019 4:52 pm  

Thanks for reporting! It was a good read.

ReplyQuote
Share: