Legends- Heathland and Parkland

13 Posts
7 Users
13 Likes
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I played at the Legends twice recently. Legends offers a great value with a choice of three different courses. It is busy but not like in October and March and April. The driving range is unique. There is also a Golf Academy. I played with my winter membership. For 29$ bucks only, you can reserve 7 days before. You can play at 5 top courses: Heathland, Parkland, Moorland, Heritage and Oyster Bay. If you play before 1 pm, the rate is 35$, and 25$ after 1 pm. During the weekend, it is 5$ more.  It is good from November 15th to March 15th. It is a real good deal for the snowbirds. There are also other memberships, you have just to ask to the front desk. 

Heathland- Played alone. First time since at least three years. It is a links course. The employees at the bag drop and in the pro shop made an excellent job. They respected the tee time reservation. Tees, alleys, sand traps and greens are well maintained. The design is interesting. I prefer the first nine holes to the back nine but we can found many good holes on both nines. Tees have been overseeded. The speed of the greens is medium-fast, maybe 9,5. A solid course.

Parkland- I played with LeftyGar and John this time, my two very good partners. Parkland is a very different course, more traditional and less difficult than Moorland. Because of the rain and the cold we had recently, we choose to play from the green tees. We drived in the fairways. Again tees, alleys, sand traps (avoid them) and greens are well maintained. Another solid course. Please select the good tees when you play there, you will have a lot of fun.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Thanks for your reports! 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

S***H reacted
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member

Thanks for the updates on 2 courses i enjoyed playing. 

Let the Big Dawg Bark!!!

S***H reacted
ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Thanks again @s333h for reporting!

Being a Legends member seems to have its perks! 😉

That said, Parkland is the kind of course that makes me "eat my lunch" on each occasion! Fortunately, IMHO, Heathland is a bit easier... for me!

Keep up the good work!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

jw11 reacted
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@denisgilbert 

A lot of perks! For me, it was important to inform members of MBGT concerning this winter membership. 

I will replay Parkland Saturday. It is a great course, but a difficult one. Mike Strantz has been in charge of the bunkers during the building of Parkland. He is my favorite golf architect. But the course had many renovations since then. Sadly, nothing or almost nothing of his work at that time has been left. 

DenisGilbert reacted
ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Honorable Member

I have always enjoyed playing the Legend courses have never had a issue with conditions.

Brownwood Bandit

S***H reacted
ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

@s333h 

I removed my Legends Green tee comment.   
I have noticed that the Legends score card has gone to 4 tees on Parkland 
and Heathland, so all 4 colors are a normal length for each, with green
being a SR length.    
Moorland still shows 3 tees, but look OK.

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@artmbgolf

It is right. I do not Know when this change has bien made.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Thanks for reporting S***H

Parkland one of my favorite courses in MB.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@jw11

For me too. It is a good design. 

jw11 reacted
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Enjoyed our game yesterday on the Parklands, a solid course from any tee, speed of the greens ( 10 or 11 ) sure caused a few three putts, they rolled smooth though and held very good on approach shots.  Enjoy your Saturday game there.

jw11, S***H and DenisGilbert reacted
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

UPDATE- I replayed Heathland today. We started on the 10th hole, on time. These guys at the bag drop and in the proshop make a great job, they are very fast , and they try always to respect the schedule. Heathland is well maintained, no problem at all all along the course. Tees, alleys, bunkers and greens are top shape. Today, i found the greens slower. But they keep the line. Thanks to my very great partners LeftyGar and John, i enjoyed to play with them during this month. We play fast, enjoying the life and the environment all along the golf course. I wish them a good winter in Myrtle Beach and to have fun playing golf.

jbshepherds reacted
ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Enjoyed our game today once more S***H , safe travels back home, see you in March.

S***H reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: