Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Aberdeen  

RSS

leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
11/04/2019 3:14 pm  

Played here today under very sunny skies, beautiful temp. of 73 and a 2 club wind.  The course was in good condition considering what they had gone through with the flooding.  We played the Highlands 9 first, good Par 5 to start with and many nice holes followed.  Greens ran smooth and were quick with some funny breaks due to the undulations.  Traps all groomed to perfection and hitting out was easy.  Our 2nd 9 was the Meadows, very tight in spots, but again good conditions everywhere.  Driver is taken out of your hands on 2 or 3 holes as water hazards will eat up a good drive, 3 woods and rescue clubs on these holes leave you a wedge into the greens.  Greens held well if it was hit good, a thinner shot rolled a ton and left you with a chip or pitch.  Would not hesitate to play again.

6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
11/04/2019 7:45 pm  

They surely have had their share of bad luck thanks for sharing.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
11/04/2019 10:02 pm  

It's good to hear that Aberdeen has recovered.     Thanks!  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
12/04/2019 12:33 pm  

Art, it was much better then I expected, will go back for sure.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
12/04/2019 12:56 pm  

Thanks for the report on the course, it is nice to hear good things.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
12/04/2019 6:33 pm  

KN is one of my favorites great course.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
12/04/2019 9:32 pm  

Aberdeen was enjoyable when I played a few years back.
I'll play it in October if there are no bad storms this fall.

Thanks for the update on this sleeper.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
herdman
(@herdman)
Trusted Member
16/04/2019 6:45 pm  

Played Aberdeen last weekend. It had been some years since I had played it. Greens were pretty good. Fairways were left a little long, but they had had some rain in the days prior. It is a tight course and what I would call a typical course of the era(similiar to the Witch). Cram a golf course into what land is available. Overall, pretty good conditions considering it has been flooded out twice in two years. The thing that amazes me is how they ever got away with building houses and condos in there. You can tell that is a swamp and river area that will flood. I think they are on borrowed time again. Crazy they ever did it.  

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
14/05/2019 2:22 pm  

Your so right, homes and condos at the mercy of Mother Nature.

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
23/05/2019 5:16 pm  

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had challenging conditions

ReplyQuote
Share: