The Pearl Golf Links now is a 27 hole facility!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Ploots
(@ploots)
Eminent Member
12/24/2019 10:52 am  

@artmbgolf

Since it appears that the new Pearl-North is the old Pearl -West, why didn’t they just keep the same name to avoid confusion?

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Prominent Member
12/24/2019 4:40 pm  
Posted by: @ploots

@artmbgolf

Since it appears that the new Pearl-North is the old Pearl -West, why didn’t they just keep the same name to avoid confusion?

That might become The Pearl's most asked question. 

The West 9 starts on original West #10. 
The North 9 starts on original West #1.  
The East 9 starts on Original East #1. 
That all makes sense based on where the #1 hole is located on the property. 

My guess is that in order to create a super/best/most scenic 18, they paired the
East holes with the West back 9.   

They could have kept the West the West this way:  
West:   West 10 to West 1. 
East:     East 1 to West 10.  
North:  West 1 to East 1.     

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by ArtMBGolf

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
12/24/2019 9:08 pm  

fyi-just went to pearl website and looked for tee times for random dates through feb. 11. and every tee time claimed it would be for the west course.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Prominent Member
12/24/2019 9:55 pm  
Posted by: @say8pet

fyi-just went to pearl website and looked for tee times for random dates through feb. 11. and every tee time claimed it would be for the west course.

On other 27 hole courses, like Arrowhead + Thistle, the online tee times that we
can see also don't show the names of the three 9's.    Brian can see that. 

Maybe eventually The Pearl will just say The Pearl.        

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by ArtMBGolf

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Peter
(@say8pet)
12/24/2019 10:47 pm  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

On other 27 hole courses, like Arrowhead + Thistle, the online tee times that we
can see also don't show the names of the three 9's.    Brain can see that. 

thats why it kinda surprised me art. i assume they havent updated the website but wasnt sure if that third nine may be closed for a spell.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Prominent Member
12/25/2019 12:11 am  
Posted by: @say8pet
Posted by: @artmbgolf

can see also don't show the names of the three 9's.    Brian can see that. 

that's why it kinda surprised me art. i assume they havent updated the website but wasn't sure if that third nine may be closed for a spell.

There isn't any need to close the East 9.   It plays 1,2,12-18.  They only need a path
from 2 to 12, which should be done now.   All online tee times are showing no tee times
for East, like they abandoned that and all Pearl tee time look to be booking under West. 

If you look at the Pearl website, their own tee time system in Feb shows a triple tee, but 
the only name they use is West.    The 27 hole courses only list one name, because they 
like to take a 9 out of play, either 8-10am, all am or all day if aerating.  So they can't 
guarantee what nine you will play, when booking months in advance. If they are triple
teeing when you are booking, then odds are better to pick a nine to start on.  

ReplyQuote
ChambersJr
(@chambersjr)
01/02/2020 12:43 pm  

I played The Pearl last Thursday.  The guys in Pro shop told me the east will be closed through January.  They are re-doing bunkers and other maintenance to make it ready for the Spring golf season.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: