Ranking the Legends...

Notifications
Clear all

Ranking the Legends owned courses

Page 2 / 2

jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member

Heritage, Moorland, Heathland, Parkland, Love good Chicken Tenders. Never played OB.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
JKH75
(@jkh75)
Trusted Member

Heathland, Heritage, Oyster, Moorland, Parkland

ReplyQuote
wolverine12
(@wolverine12)
Eminent Member

I gotta go Heritage, Parkland, Moorland, OB, Heathland.

If OB ever got its conditioning & maintenance squared away, I would prob put it up to #2

Heritage needs to do something about its pace of play, last 2 times I played there were 5.5 & 4.45 hrs rounds

ReplyQuote
lndnwd2
(@lndnwd2)
Member Moderator

Heritage, Oyster Bay, Moorland, Parkland, Heathland

ReplyQuote
mperna2001
(@mperna2001)
Estimable Member

Heritage, Moorland, Heathland, Oyster Bay (great layout but bad shape when I played there). I have yet to play Parkland but hope to this year. I always had the impression it was at the bottom of the 3 at the Legends facility but based on the comments here that seems to not be the case making me want to get over there even more. 

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Trusted Member

Each of the courses in The Legends Group are terrific designs.  I enjoy playing every one of the courses.  The problem that is quickly detected is the level of maintenance at each course.  I have to believe it's a budget issue... 100%.  The high standard design of Oyster Bay remains to this day; the level of course maintenance does not match this long heralded MB course.  Frankly, it's a shame that the cart paths have deteriorated to the current state, the rest room facilities are not good, long term drainage problems have not been resolved, etc.  Heritage seems to maintain a much more even standard and the experience there is reflective of the design, it's outward appearance and it's background.  The courses at The Legends, for me, I rank it Heathland-Moorland-Parkland because that's my taste in golf architecture.  Love the Doak design as it is truly a transportable experience; it doesn't feel like MB.

ReplyQuote
uncgolf
(@uncgolf)

Posted by: @dch1950

Love the Doak design as it is truly a transportable experience; it doesn't feel like MB.

I think this is part of the reason I rank Heathland highly too. I'd probably rank it top 10 overall among Grand Strand courses.

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member

@wolverine12.      Every time I play Heritage the bag drop is a shxxshow with the tall old bag attendant looking like he's about to have a stroke (or at least that's the act he portrays.) Legends proper has it together over there.  Always a pleasant experience.

ReplyQuote
mikeyoung
(@mikeyoung)

Heritage, Moorland, Parkland, Oyster Bay and Heathland

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: