Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Myrtlewood Palmetto...

Myrtlewood Palmetto- Update  

RSS

S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
08/08/2019 9:37 am  

I would like to know if someone would have a recent update concerning the renovations at the Palmetto course at Myrtlewood. The course closed since June 24. He will reopen for play on Sept. 1.

I read that they will restore the greens to their original size and shape, and install  new Sunday Ultradwarf Bermuda grass. Every bunker will be renovated.  Palmetto is one of my favorite course. I like the scenery along the Intracoastal Waterway. In my book, at the beginning of  April, the 17th hole ( par 3, 162 yards) is probably the nicest hole to play. The Azeleas are beautiful at this time of the year.

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
08/08/2019 2:32 pm  

Based on the on-line tee times not showing available tee times until Sept 6, it looks
like it has not reopened yet.    

I played MW Pine Hills in the spring.  They did a good job with the new greens there.  

This article is the original article announcing the updates to MW, Shaft + Pearl West.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/golf/article231413018.html  

The East Coast has had a lot of humid weather this summer.  That is good bermuda 
growing weather, if there is enough moisture.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
08/14/2019 6:59 pm  

Here is the latest on MW Palmetto.   It appears like it will look more modern. 

https://www.playgolfmyrtlebeach.com/news/course-update-renovations-palmetto-course-myrtlewood/

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
08/14/2019 8:25 pm  

Thanks for this update Art. Palmetto is on my list for next winter.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
08/15/2019 6:19 am  

Looking forward to Palmetto opening back up - I like the old traditional style. It's not a knock your socks off course - but very solid and playable.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
08/19/2019 3:04 pm  

Hope this is a great reno so i can add it to my list of must play. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
08/19/2019 9:00 pm  

Will be worth a play once it reopens, decent layout with no real wow factor.

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
08/27/2019 11:01 am  

Thanks for the update

ReplyQuote
Share: