Notifications
Clear all

Myrtlewood Palmetto- Update  

RSS

S***H
(@s333h)
Prominent Member
08/08/2019 9:37 am  

I would like to know if someone would have a recent update concerning the renovations at the Palmetto course at Myrtlewood. The course closed since June 24. He will reopen for play on Sept. 1.

I read that they will restore the greens to their original size and shape, and install  new Sunday Ultradwarf Bermuda grass. Every bunker will be renovated.  Palmetto is one of my favorite course. I like the scenery along the Intracoastal Waterway. In my book, at the beginning of  April, the 17th hole ( par 3, 162 yards) is probably the nicest hole to play. The Azeleas are beautiful at this time of the year.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/08/2019 2:32 pm  

Based on the on-line tee times not showing available tee times until Sept 6, it looks
like it has not reopened yet.    

I played MW Pine Hills in the spring.  They did a good job with the new greens there.  

This article is the original article announcing the updates to MW, Shaft + Pearl West.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/golf/article231413018.html  

The East Coast has had a lot of humid weather this summer.  That is good bermuda 
growing weather, if there is enough moisture.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/14/2019 6:59 pm  

Here is the latest on MW Palmetto.   It appears like it will look more modern. 

https://www.playgolfmyrtlebeach.com/news/course-update-renovations-palmetto-course-myrtlewood/

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Prominent Member
08/14/2019 8:25 pm  

Thanks for this update Art. Palmetto is on my list for next winter.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/15/2019 6:19 am  

Looking forward to Palmetto opening back up - I like the old traditional style. It's not a knock your socks off course - but very solid and playable.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Honorable Member
08/19/2019 3:04 pm  

Hope this is a great reno so i can add it to my list of must play. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Prominent Member
08/19/2019 9:00 pm  

Will be worth a play once it reopens, decent layout with no real wow factor.

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
08/27/2019 11:01 am  

Thanks for the update

ReplyQuote
Share: