Notifications
Clear all

Getting on to Private Courses  

RSS

hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
05/29/2020 12:17 pm  

I'll be using Brian to play Dunes and Surf Clubs.  However, How do I get to play Reserve and Wachesaw plantation Club?  Thank you, John

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
05/29/2020 4:39 pm  

Brian used to be able to book Wach Plant.   Maybe he still can.  

Brian, If you can still book Wach Plant Private, if would be nice to read the 
rules and limits, like day of week, lead time, PM, etc.      

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Estimable Member
05/31/2020 9:01 pm  

When are you playing Surf & Dunes? Reason for my asking is that this week the Dunes is closed for aeration & maintenance of the entire course. I do not recommend playing it in the month of June.

Surf was closed last week for the same thing but should recover faster than the Dunes and should have high quality conditions by mid-June.

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member
06/01/2020 8:18 am  

@Art, yes I recall messaging with Brian about Wach Plant when setting up our February trip. I can't find the email so I must have deleted it. I don't recall the specific "rules" but I do recall that I had no desire to play the course under those "rules". Serious golfers would probably have no issue but our clowns would have been kicked off the course before the first tee.

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
06/01/2020 9:04 am  

@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer.  I'll be in PI/MB/MI area from August 11-22.   So excited to be there for our  20 year Pawleys anniversary trip

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
06/01/2020 9:07 am  

@kio57.  I'll be solo.  I don't mind the strict rules at all as I'm used to them as a caddie tip here in Mass.  Also, I'm a bit of a golf purist.  Absolutely love every aspect about it.  

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Estimable Member
06/01/2020 9:57 am  

Dunes and Surf will be in A1 shape in August, that's when both clubs host their club championships.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
06/01/2020 10:42 am  

I have played stuffy courses in the past, it depends on what is asked for by the Stuffy environment. I mean if it is clothing, like certain length shorts, collared shirts and certain socks i am cool with having to accommodate. It is the other things that can be a drag. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
06/06/2020 3:48 pm  

All of them are worth the rules to play 

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
coastalguy
(@coastal-guy)
Trusted Member
06/08/2020 1:50 pm  

The reserve is members only, and guests of members, so you'll have to find some new friends to get on there.

ReplyQuote
Share: