Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Crown Park WIth Art...

Crown Park WIth Artist 08  

RSS

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 14, 2019 7:22 pm  

Before I get to the course, let me say that Artist08 can golf his ball. He hits it pretty long, was 30 yards past me on most holes. He shot 74 at CP.

The good - Not a bad layout, not overly difficult with several good holes. This is an excellent starting course - or one that won't tax your game like many others in MB. A good finishing course if you're headed up HWY 9 on the way home. Good staff, and a very friendly group of people that run it.

The bad - was CPO when it didn't need to be. They got more rain than most around MB - but it was definitely dry enough to get off the paths. Pace of play was the Bataan Death March as we clocked in at just a hair below 5 hours. And its not packed like Legends. Course conditions were hairy - they need to get the mowers out in force, which I expect they will Monday. Greens were slow - maybe 8, not too bad and not overseeded - I assume they didn't mow them today. Pretty good grass on them and the ball rolled where it was aimed.

The real bad - no on course marshal. Could have helped speed up play.

Overall - a tier 4 course that is usually in better shape than what we played today.

Artist 08

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 14, 2019 7:24 pm  

PS - Aren't there any short golfers on MBGT that come to MB?????

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
April 14, 2019 7:33 pm  

UCP I will be there in June!!!!

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Honorable Member
April 14, 2019 7:36 pm  

If we can wait that long!  Have you played cp

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
April 14, 2019 7:45 pm  

No i have not played CP

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
April 14, 2019 10:41 pm  

It was awesome playing with the famous UGP today!  Luckily we were streaming The Masters as we were waiting on every hole which made it easier.   This course definitely needs a little TLC, but it certainly would help if people would rake the bunkers after they were in them.

Looking forward to teeing it up with UGP again.  Perhaps next time we won’t keep lipping out!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
April 14, 2019 11:08 pm  

I am ready to try Crown Park in a couple weeks.  

Thanks for the update!   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
April 15, 2019 12:20 pm  

Thanks for the update and Nice round artist!!!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
April 15, 2019 3:28 pm  

Tough luck on your POP at Crown Park.  Back 9 has some good holes on it.

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Trusted Member
April 15, 2019 4:37 pm  

Thanks for the update. Too bad about the POP.

ReplyQuote
Artist08
(@artist08)
Eminent Member
April 15, 2019 9:51 pm  
Posted by: jbshepherds

Thanks for the update and Nice round artist!!!

Thanks Sheppy!

ReplyQuote
Share: