Notifications
Clear all

Oyster Bay  

RSS

Topic starter

Has anyone played Oyster Bay recently?  It is my father in law's favorite course in Myrtle Beach.  We have not played it in over 5 years.  The conditions are always bad leading up to when we will be arriving so we have not put in our rotation.  No need to play a bad conditioned course with so many other options.  Any insight on the conditions would be greatly appreciated

8 Answers

Last report I got from local golfers was a month ago - they said don't go. Don't know if conditions have improved - they got a new greens keeper which should help

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Read the course reports.    Leftygar reported that it was better this year than last year, 
when there was winter kill, spring of 2018.    

It's good they got a new super.  My guess is that fall is when we might see improvements.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Hoping to play this one during my next trip.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

I played about a month ago....it was.....OK.

Was pretty wet, some of the greens were in tough shape.

Good to hear the got a new greenskeeper.

Not saying it was the old greenskeepers fault, but a new set of eyes could help.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

JW - it was the fired greenskeepers fault - he was not doing to the course what he said he was doing to management - that's why he was fired - can't believe they waited so long to do it.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

It's hard to imagine a Super would do that, IE say he was aerating, fertilizing, etc, 
when he wasn't, unless maybe he was able to pocket the $$ he was supposed to be 
spending.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Yes. It would be hard to imagine. 

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

Share: