Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Oyster Bay  

RSS

Has anyone played Oyster Bay recently?  It is my father in law's favorite course in Myrtle Beach.  We have not played it in over 5 years.  The conditions are always bad leading up to when we will be arriving so we have not put in our rotation.  No need to play a bad conditioned course with so many other options.  Any insight on the conditions would be greatly appreciated

8 Answers

Last report I got from local golfers was a month ago - they said don't go. Don't know if conditions have improved - they got a new greens keeper which should help

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

Read the course reports.    Leftygar reported that it was better this year than last year, 
when there was winter kill, spring of 2018.    

It's good they got a new super.  My guess is that fall is when we might see improvements.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Hoping to play this one during my next trip.

I played about a month ago....it was.....OK.

Was pretty wet, some of the greens were in tough shape.

Good to hear the got a new greenskeeper.

Not saying it was the old greenskeepers fault, but a new set of eyes could help.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

JW - it was the fired greenskeepers fault - he was not doing to the course what he said he was doing to management - that's why he was fired - can't believe they waited so long to do it.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

It's hard to imagine a Super would do that, IE say he was aerating, fertilizing, etc, 
when he wasn't, unless maybe he was able to pocket the $$ he was supposed to be 
spending.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

Yes. It would be hard to imagine. 

Share: