Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Gary Crenshaw  

RSS

ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
05/19/2019 11:21 pm  

I debated if I should post this, but eventually some would be asking where Gary is. 
I was concerned when he didn't ask about my MB trip or respond to emails while I 
was in MB.  After a phone call had no greeting, just a mailbox,  I decided to investigate
today and sadly found this.  
    https://www.mccomasfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Gary-W-Crenshaw?obId=4313303

I don't know anything more than what it says.  He had a kidney transplant a few years ago.
I was not aware that he had any problems with it.  We had discussed a Fall MB trip a short
time before his passing, so as far as I knew he didn't have a problem.   

A strange and sad thing about mostly internet friends, is that this can happen and nobody
knows, unless someone gets into their computer and emails all contacts.    I was able to 
find this with Google.        

This topic was modified 4 months ago by ArtMBGolf

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

S***H
(@s333h)
Honorable Member
05/20/2019 5:16 am  

Sad news for him and all his family. I will remember him as a gentlemen. He was such a nice guy.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
05/20/2019 7:39 am  

Thanks for posting this Art. Planned on meeting him for the first time in the fall.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
camy
 camy
(@camy)
Trusted Member
05/20/2019 3:46 pm  

This is very sad news indeed.  Condolences to Gary's family and his MBGT forum friends!!

ReplyQuote
lndnwd2
(@lndnwd2)
Member Moderator
05/20/2019 6:31 pm  

Thanks for posting Art. VERY very sad news. He was a great guy and enjoyed his company. RIP Gary.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
05/20/2019 8:06 pm  

I heard from his wife today.    She said:  

"He was outside working on the riding mower and the doctor determined it was a blood clot.
We are still in shock.  This happened on April 16th after he returned from Virginia a trip he
took his Father on.  His doctor said this is very common after a long trip."    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Estimable Member
05/20/2019 8:25 pm  

Art thanks for sharing so sad I know he was a friend of your.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
05/21/2019 1:46 pm  

You did the right thing Art!

My most sincere condolences to Gary's family and also to his MBGT forum friends!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
05/21/2019 4:47 pm  

Thanks for posting Art. Condolences to Gary's family and friends.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
05/22/2019 3:48 pm  

taht is horrible news, he was a class act on this site. He was always there to say a kind word. It is a terrible loss for his family. It is a loss for this site. 

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends(including us).

Thanks Art!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
05/23/2019 6:06 am  

I met Gary twice.

Once At Shaftbury Glen and once at the Forum Outing at Pine Lakes.

The man was a true gentleman. Always kind words and seemed to sincerely care when asking questions about me ,my family and my travels.

This really hurts.

Art, I'm sorry you had to learn about your friend this way.

My sincere condolences to you, Gary's family and his other friends.

You will be missed Crenshaw

John

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Share: