Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Local Scoop - Baref...

Local Scoop - Barefoot Fazio (01/05/2019)  

RSS

1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Trusted Member
05/01/2019 10:29 pm  

Played Barefoot Fazio today in the whipping wind & cold. Course was in great shape. Although it was cart-path-only with all the rain yesterday, I thought the course handled the moisture very well. I wouldn't be surprised if carts were allowed back on some of the fairways tomorrow. The greens were overseeded and putted true but only with medium speed. Fairways had a thick overseed and will be really nice in the spring. The green on the left side of #13 is back into play (it was closed earlier in the year after the winter kill episode).

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
06/01/2019 5:55 am  

Great course - has some incredibly difficult holes - all 4 of the Barefoot courses are excellent

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
06/01/2019 11:04 am  

Good to read Fazio is in good shape Bob, thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
06/01/2019 6:48 pm  

Barefoot Fazio is probably, for me, my favorite among the four Barefoot courses.

Good challenge and great mix of holes (I suggest to make sure to play it from the proper tees, while respecting your handicap)!

Thanks Bob for the input!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
DCH1950
(@dch1950)
Eminent Member
06/01/2019 6:56 pm  

Barefoot Fazio is the most interesting course of the four.  It has a nice blend of holes, varying distances on the par 3 holes, par 5s that appear to be birdie-able, and usually very good conditions. 

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
08/01/2019 11:04 pm  

Still no homes on this course ?

BF Fazio os one of my favorite courses to play, but it's been 3 years.

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
09/01/2019 12:19 pm  

Thanks for the update!!!! Must play course for me. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
09/01/2019 1:22 pm  

Thanks for this another great report. 

For me, the Dye Course at Barefoot is the most compelling golf, by a nose over the Fazio. My ranking is: Dye, Fazio, Love, Norman on the awesomeness scale.  The Norman course looks far from terrible, just more subtle and less memorable. 

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
09/01/2019 1:54 pm  
Posted by: jw11

Still no homes on this course ?    BF Fazio os one of my favorite courses to play, but it's been 3 years.

jw11

BF Fazio doesn't have homes, maybe a few out of play.  There are only a couple places where 
they can add homes, like left of #10.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Reputable Member
09/01/2019 11:37 pm  

When my wife and I were out there about 3 or 4 years ago we had the course to ourselves one afternoon.

?

Seems like the Barefoot courses don't get many PM golfers, but are packed in the AM

jw11

This post was modified 6 months ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
10/01/2019 5:40 am  

Barefoot closes up earlier than the surrounding courses. Tuesday we got a note on our gps screen that all carts had to be in by 5 - even though there was 45 minutes of light left.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
1putt1
(@mbgt-golf-gourse-reviewer)
Trusted Member
10/01/2019 2:31 pm  

That’s unusual for them but not for Myrtle beach. In the past barefoot has let me play till dark, but there are other courses that wouldn’t let me go out at 4:30 on a summer day with 3-4 hours of daylight left (Eagle Nest, Aberdeen to name two).

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Reputable Member
10/01/2019 6:24 pm  

Unusual. 

ReplyQuote
Share: