Caledonia 2 weeks a...

Notifications
Clear all

Caledonia 2 weeks ago

Page 3 / 3

Dave Bergeron
(@dave-bergeron)

Anyone heard anything about the greens lately? Seems that if they lost a few they’d set up some temporary greens to let the grass grow back, otherwise they’re just delaying the inevitable and going to piss a bunch of people off charging a premium rate with 6-7 lost greens. 

ReplyQuote
Dave Bergeron
(@dave-bergeron)

Posted by a friend on another forum 

“Played Caledonia Friday. You could see the greens that had issues. We counted 7. I would say 3 are fine and healed 90%,2 are ok at about 70% and 2 are still rough.”

ReplyQuote
Dave Bergeron
(@dave-bergeron)

Sent by a friend. Caledonia 8th green last weekend, charged full freight. Said 7 greens are unplayable 

ReplyQuote
uncgolf
(@uncgolf)
Estimable Member

I hope they're able to get them fixed in the next couple of months. Caledonia is the best public course in MB IMO and I'd like to get back down there to play in May or July.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Posted by: @dave-bergeron

Sent by a friend. Caledonia 8th green last weekend, charged full freight. Said 7 greens are unplayable 

Ouch!!!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Stormy
(@stormy)

sad!  They look the same when I played in January - doesn't seem to have recovered.  Still they keeping charging full fare??  That is not nice for a course with such a good reputation...

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

@dave-bergeron 

Thanks for the photo.  That is the first photo of the problem I have seen.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Frostyjock
(@frostyjock)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @dave-bergeron

Wow that's terrible! I've never seen a worse green. I'd have headed straight back to the clubhouse for a refund, not a rain check, and have also wanted an explanation why I wasn't informed of the course's condition before wasting my time teeing off if there wasn't any warning given.

ReplyQuote
uncgolf
(@uncgolf)
Estimable Member

@frostyjock Unfortunately feels like standard practice in MB. I've played several courses over the years with greens that were as bad as (sometimes even worse than) those in the video and generally had no warning whatsoever until we reached the first green. We were warned by the starter once at Sea Trail after we'd already paid, but I think that's the only time we had any notice whatsoever. No course ever mentioned it while booking a tee time.

Several years ago we played somewhere (I think it was the Grande Dunes Resort course) and some of the greens had basically no grass at all; it was just putting on bare dirt. They were charging their standard rate with no warning.

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Reputable Member

@uncgolf Years ago, we played True Blue & were advised at check in that the greens were not good & were each given a voucher for $50 in pro shop merchandise. 

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle.

uncgolf liked
ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member

That hurts! Worse then my home course and those are bumpy with Spring aeration also slow

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

These are recent Cale photos found elsewhere.  Not my photos.   

Of course photos of small sections can make it look worse than it is,
if that was the goal.      

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: