We woke up to a steady drizzle that did not stop as we drove to Carnoustie (about an hour away).  As we got closer, the rain got worse, and even part of the A92 was flooded and we diverted through a small Scottish town that I did not catch the name of.  We arrived at Carnoustie to an almost empty parking lot, and we started to fear the worst as we looked at puddles of water in the fairways.  With a howling wind at our backs we made it to the clubhouse to have our fears confirmed; the course was closed.  We arranged for a refund of the prepaid green fees, bought a few goodies, had some coffee and fought the wind and the rain back to the van and headed back to St. Andrews.

On our way back, we called Trevor to see if he could arrange something for when we arrived back in St. Andrews.  As we neared, the rain stopped and the sky appeared to be clearing a bit.  We got back to the B&B around 10:50 and Trevor had us zip over to the Eden Course for 11:04 (which we got moved back to 11:21 once we got there).  There was a bit of flooding on the back nine, however for the £25 that they were charging (which included a very good yardage book), it was well worth it. The Eden Course is only 98 years old, and is very playable.  The greens were a bit slower than we were used to over the past several days, after all we had come off of Prestwick, Royal Troon, Kingsbarns and Muirfield, however they rolled well.  Paul had the speed down perfectly.

I struggled a bit with the putting on the first three holes, three-putting all of them for bogies.  I managed to get into the fescue on #9 (I am really starting to hate that stuff), which led to a double bogie 7.  I did manage to finish the front nine in 42, even with that double and 3 bogies to start.  On the back nine, I also doubled a par 4 (the shanks came back), and with handicapping the holes we did not play (I had to add a stroke on 3 of the 4 holes), I finished with another 42 for my best round of the week so far.  Jeff had a great round, going 41-38 for 79.

After the round, we grabbed a bit at the course and headed back to start packing as we are leaving St. Andrews tomorrow.  We do have a round booked at the Jubilee Course, however we are planning to queue up for the New Course.  The weather is looking better, so we may even finish 9 rounds in Scotland with no rain!