Notifications
Clear all

Wizard 9-23-20  

RSS

Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/23/2020 7:44 pm  

Warm sunny day & a 12:04 tee time after a 14 hour all night drive, during which I managed to scratch an item off my bucket list, when after almost 50 of driving, I got my first ever speeding ticket. 64 in a 55 "construction zone" He gave me a break & wrote it as 60 in a 55, to lessen the fine. I thanked him for his service as we parted. But I digress...

Course looked great from afar, very green after lots of rain last week..yesterday was the first day off the cartpaths after a week of cpo.

Tees were great, I LOVED the fairways, hit several high quality 50-60 yard wedges, one hop & stop.

Sand in bunkers looks fresh, pretty soft up near the lips, but firm in the flat area.

The greens.....ouch! The were punched about 2 weeks ago, & the holes and heat stressed grass still very evident. LOTS of top dressed sand, you could see trails of previous putts. 

The only good thing I can say is the did putt a lot better than they looked. Pretty fast. If lag up to the hole, the ball wanders as it slows to a stop, but if you hit it firm to hold a line, if you missed you were 5 or 6 feet past the hole.

If the greens were as good as the rest of the course, a solid 5 star course. If you have the option, I'd hold off on playing there until the greens get better

Still a great day at the Beach...a very competitive opening day. Brian joined us on the 7th tee,  & since knew we'd be playing the senior tees, he only brought 4 clubs to use...5 & 7 irons, a sand wedge & a putter. Amusing.

36 @ Farmstead tomorrow,  with UGP joining us for the morning round. Should be a hoot.

Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/23/2020 7:48 pm  

Back home at Barefoot

aviary image 1600900914377
aviary image 1600900792589

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
09/23/2020 10:56 pm  

Looks like BF is expanding on the golf course side now.   

Is that BF Yacht Club?  Are you in it?    

Thanks!   Good start.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Estimable Member
09/24/2020 6:00 am  
Posted by: @artmbgolf

Looks like BF is expanding on the golf course side now.   

Is that BF Yacht Club?  Are you in it?    

Thanks!   Good start.  

Yep, we're in the North Tower. Been in the same unit about 5 of the last 6 years.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
09/24/2020 8:52 am  

Very interesting report. Thanks!

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
09/24/2020 9:06 am  

Thanks for the report.  36 at Farmstead certainly sounds interesting.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
09/27/2020 9:08 pm  

Another great insight @Skippy, thanks again!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
09/28/2020 10:10 am  

thanks for the update on a course i enjoyed playing.

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
09/28/2020 4:10 pm  

Nice take on the Wizard, we find it to be very nice in the winter time.  The sand was added this winter to the bunkers which needed it.  Holes 16 thru 18 are nice and solid.

ReplyQuote
hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
09/28/2020 6:22 pm  

Some great bars and restaurants in BF.  Are any of those rentable and within walking distance to BFL?  Bully's pub is

awesome!!!   We enjoyed Wizard a few years back.

ReplyQuote
Share: