U-All 2020  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

jay
 jay
(@jay)
Trusted Member
04/06/2020 10:46 am  

Here is our itinerary for the fall.  The Cats plus some great courses. Now we just have to hope Covid-19 is lifted by then.

DATES    COURSE NAMES  TIME
9/26/20  Lion’s Paw          8:36 – 9:30 F&B – 52G
9/27/20  Tidewater           8:51 – 9:36 F&B – 48G
9/28/20  Panther’s Run     8:32 – 9:26 F&B – 52G
9/29/20  Arrowhead*       12:18 – 1:03 F&B – 48G
9/30/20  Tiger’s Eye         8:36 – 9:30 F&B – 52G
10/1/20  Prestwick           12:25 – 1:07 F&B – 48G
10/2/20  Leopard’s Chase  8:36 – 9:30 F&B – 52G

Nothin Could be Finer !!!!!!

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
04/06/2020 10:47 am  

Great selection of courses!

And let's stay optimistic that things will be close to normal then!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
04/06/2020 11:29 am  

Tidewater, Arrowhead and Prestwick are great choices.  The Big Cat courses have had conditioning problems for several years, to the point that a lot of guys from this site have stopped playing them.  The last time I played Tiger's Eye (3 yrs. ago) there were weeds in the fairways and the greens were really bad.  I would seriously think about rescheduling those courses.  I don't want to put a damper on your trip but I think you would be happier switching.  

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
Trusted Member
04/06/2020 11:38 am  

@tadpole  Would have to agree,  past reports speak to less than ideal conditions at the Cats, with the exception being LC.  However, I am not the group leader just a small cog in a big wheel.  But this is the package  that was negotiated.  Our group will have fun wherever and bitch and moan just the same.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
04/06/2020 1:34 pm  
Posted by: @jay

Now we just have to hope Covid-19 is lifted by then.

If the quarantine is not lifted by then - we all have much bigger problems than not playing golf!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
04/06/2020 2:30 pm  

@jay     Like Tadpole, I was also wondering why you weren't scared away
from the Big Cats by MBGT reports on them.   Looks like your group leader 
was looking for low cost every other day, with the Big Cats free round Pkg,
plus the need for empty courses with a big group teeing off front + back.    

I am wondering if your group leader ran the lineup by you before booking
and didn't pay attention to your Big Cats comments?   

Your report will be interesting to see how Big Cats compare to the others. 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
BrewCrew
(@brewcrew)
Trusted Member
04/06/2020 6:58 pm  

Sept 27.  Tidewater in the AM, Ryder Cup singles matches in the PM.  Looks like a great day.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
04/08/2020 11:12 am  

Hope your able to make it. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
04/10/2020 5:27 pm  

Played both Leopards Chase and Tigers Eye in March, greens at TE not great, puttable though, LC was best I have seen them, PR greens looked to be decent, LP bumpy looking as well, good luck if you get to MB.

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
Trusted Member
09/02/2020 10:24 am  

A little over three weeks away (but who is counting. LOL). Our group has shrunk to 44 full-time golfers and 6 part-timers. I am looking forward to playing three excellent courses and struggle with the Cats and their conditioning issues. @Art, I did discuss the issue with our El Presidente and it was solely a financial decision. But as I stated, we will have a good time no matter what, all we need is Mother Nature's cooperation.

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
09/02/2020 11:03 am  

@jay

Looking forward to the reports!  Thanks for the update.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
09/02/2020 1:19 pm  

Looking at this World Am report, Lions Paw looks pretty good in the few 
photos that show the grass up close.  
https://www.playgolfmyrtlebeach.com/news/world-2020-day-1-scenes-sandpiper-bay-lions-paw/

MB has had plenty of rain this summer, so that will avoid the burnt out conditions
that were reported at the Big Cats last summer/fall, when they were not watering
anything but the greens.     

Big Cats usually single tee PR, TE, LC, although they don't have to, so they
have adjusted to support your group those days.  Their book 3 get TE free pkg is 
the deal you must have.   

It's nice how TW, AH, PW are mixed in so you can see the maint difference.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
BNLongdriver
(@bnlongdriver)
Administrator/Golf Director Admin
09/18/2020 10:21 am  

Nice line up and Bay Watch is a good place to stay too! 5 great courses and 2 mid levels, hard ot beat that combo for the money! Heck of a group size too, most of the large groups I have cancelled down to about 1/4th their size due to COVD concerns. 32 to 12, 12 to 4, 8 to 2 .... that is if they didn't cancel all together. Hope your group stays large and healthy! Enjoy your trip ... 

Brian Noblin
Myrtle Beach Golf Talk
Myrtle Beach Golf Packagers
Tidewater Golf Vacations
844-706-7503

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
Trusted Member
09/21/2020 9:16 am  

Addendum to the trip:  Friday 9/25 Glen Dornoch @130 for 12 hearty souls eager to start the trip.

ReplyQuote
jay
 jay
(@jay)
Trusted Member
10/04/2020 12:10 pm  

The 62 nd year is in the books.  Played decently for myself.  The courses ranked as follows: Prestwick and Tidewater tied for first. Glen Dornoch  (front nine only) second. Arrowhead (Cypress first 4 holes) third. The best of the Cat's was Tiger's Eye (played twice) Lion's Paw and Panther's Run brought up the rear.  We got rain on two rounds and got rainchecks. So Glen Dornoch and Arrowhead will be in the rotation for next year.  We didn't play Leopard's Chase, hence TE twice, but they gave us a raincheck for 18 next year.  The conditioning at GD, Tidewater, Prestwick and Arrowhead (up until the torrential rain  which made us leave saturated after four holes) were excellent. We did play LCP all week. The Fairways were good with an occasional mud ball. Very impressed with Prestwick being my first time there, now I know where to attempt to position the ball for a good score. IMHO,Tidewater had better greens than Prestwick but the were  very close. All sand traps throughout the week need attention.  We played preferred lies in the bunkers because of no rakes and less than ideal sand.  We were CPO two times (Arrowhead, first day of TE). One plus for The Cats was that they  provided us with Lunch every day (choice of sandwiches, chips and soft drink)

Accommodations: Bay Watch Resort Dated, but we will return because they accommodate our group with a Hospitality suite which  allows us to bring our own alcohol instead of paying their costs for the adult beverages. The breakfast buffet has declined in quality and we ventured out  to Eggs Up three times.

Food: Benny Rappa's excellent I would highly recommend. Grumpy Monks good bar food watched Sunday pm football there.  Finn McCool's It is one of our old staples, can get enough of that Bowl of Longford. King Street Grill was an a repeat visit and well worth it. Tbonz down at Broadway, food was good, and the cost was even better since they misplaced our meal ticket which caused a delay, but the manager accommodated us with comped apps and 1/2 of our dinner without us even complaining. The rest of the days were Pizza and wings. 

COVID-19:  Masks were required upon  entry to all establishments.  For the most part the public complied.  My hands have never been so clean, with all the washing. LOL.

Overall, The trip was highly successful. When you have a good group of people who will make the best of even less than stellar situations. Good times with Good Friends will always win out. Can't wait till next year. Again Nothing could be finer.......  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: