Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Supergilbys Golfapa...

Supergilbys Golfapalooza 2019 - Eagle Nest (04/24/2019)  

RSS

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
May 14, 2019 4:15 pm  

Hi all!

Another extremely great day for golf in Myrtle Beach on this Wednesday, April 24, 2019! The sun was still shining and the temperature reached a beautiful 27 degrees Celsius.

And for the first time ever, we paid a visit to the Eagle Nest Course in Little River, just a couple of kilometers from the border between North Carolina and South Carolina.

From the outset, we want to admit it: with all that we had already read and heard in the past, our expectations were, so to speak, modest. However, after having played this course, we can confirm that these famous expectations have been largely exceeded.

In fact, everything began on our arrival, when we were superbly welcomed by the staff, both at the bag drop and inside the club house. Courteous people, happy to see us and to share with us what you need to know about this golf course.

Speaking of that golf course, Eagle Nest was in excellent condition, from tees to greens. The only downside would be with those greens, because sand was spread on all of them a few days ago, making them a little bit slower than what we had the day before at Aberdeen. Speaking of sand, the sand traps (we visited some of them) were in immaculate condition, nothing less.

Eagle Nest is a course that surrounded by very tall pines but, rest assured, the alleys are very wide and even if you go a little too much left or right, you will be able to recover and register good scores. We would even dare to pretend that by playing this course, you should be able to significantly increase your level of confidence while having fun. And as a bonus, the design of the course is attractive.

However, be prepared for the last three holes, which are certainly the fame of Eagle Nest. From the white tees, we are talking about a 402-yard par 4 with a difficult green entry (water on the left and sand traps on the right), followed by a long par 5 of 540 yards where again, a lake on the left side could ruin your hole if your second shot is a bit short and finally, a par 3 of 154 yards that will demand you to cross a lake ... and a sand trap at the entrance of the green.

All in all, Eagle Nest is a course that we definitely recommend to any type of golfer. Again (as we mentioned about Aberdeen in our yesterday’s report), it's not a high-end golf course, but if you want to integrate it into an eventual package, you really won’t be disappointed. Also, consider seriously making Eagle Nest the first course to play when planning your next Myrtle Beach golf vacation. As was previously suggested, it will be very good for your "mental toughness"!

P. S .: For Ladies ... Eagle Nest, at 4559 yards, is an excessively good course for you ... maybe even a little bit too good! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

S***H
(@s333h)
Estimable Member
May 15, 2019 6:45 pm  

I agree totally with your appreciation of this course. I have played this golf course two times in April. Thanks Denis.

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 11:14 am  

Eagles Nest is always worth a play at least once, you take on it is spot on.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 1:45 pm  

Thanks for the update on Eagles Nest it is a course i can consider for taking my daughter to. So did the wife give you a run for your money at this course?

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Estimable Member
May 16, 2019 4:37 pm  

Got the edge over the wife my friend! 😉

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Estimable Member
May 18, 2019 12:08 pm  

Were the new " Perch Tees " in play yet?

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Estimable Member
May 19, 2019 4:49 pm  

The new "Perch Tees" are just a marketing tool. I doubt that i will play them in the future. 😉 

This post was modified 3 days ago by S***H

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Reputable Member
May 19, 2019 10:21 pm  

I agree that the Perch tees are for marketing.   

Gary meant did they cut the trees that were in the way of the perch tees? 

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
ZiggyGolfer
(@ziggygolfer)
May 20, 2019 12:49 pm  

I played there on the 13th and they were still working on them. Overheard a few in the clubhouse talking about them and assume one was an owner?  who wanted it done right and not use until it is. by the way courses was in great condition

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Eminent Member
May 21, 2019 5:59 pm  

Thanks for the report. A course I haven't played

ReplyQuote
Share: