Notifications
Clear all

Sandhills Hacks - Murrells Inlet  

RSS

GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Eminent Member
08/12/2020 9:19 am  

First off - many thanks to Brian for getting our trip rescheduled to August due to the China Virus.  We were originally scheduled in late May and that was a no go.  

We stayed at the Ellington Condos and played Blackmoor, Willbrook Plantation, Heritage, and River Club.

Condos - Most Grand Strand condos are disappointing and Ellington didn't disappoint there - Dated and dirty are two words that come to mind.  What's it going to take to have clean updated condos for golf groups? Barefoot Yacht sets the standard and as I get older I'm getting more fussy.  Condo owners - Clean them up and update the furnishings!! 

Courses - Blackmoor was in great shape even after the hurricane - CPO but we got around in a little over 4 hours.  Greens rolled true.

Willbrook - Love this course!!  If you haven't played it, put it on your list.  Gators, greens, fairways, and staff are all notable.

Heritage - Another must play - greens were fast, fairways plush!! - Breakfast, Lunch, & 2 beers thrown in top off a great day. Free replays for our group as well!

River Club - Something about this course I love!  Missed an eagle on #9 by an inch....Greens were great, fairways plush.  Friendly clubhouse staff!

We ate at the Dead dog Saloon, and a couple of other restaurants on the Marshwalk - Outdoor seating was perfect....and not near the crowds you'd expect due to the  China Virus!

Our group was smaller this year - many of our Active Duty guys are on travel restrictions.  Murrells / Pawleys area is much nicer then the NMB/MB area - less crowds & commercialization.

p.s. Akers Golf Shop on 17 has deals much better then the PGA Superstores - Check them out when down that way.  We also hit the VFW Lodge on 17 - Great bunch folks and CHEAP DRINKS - If your a member stop by!!

Fairways & Greens,

GolfdawgZ

This topic was modified 1 month ago by GolfdawgZ

daz

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 9:27 am  

And I wasn't invited to play??? Great trip and report.

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
Polekat914
(@polekat914)
Reputable Member
08/12/2020 9:35 am  

Nice lineup and good report.  

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
08/12/2020 12:29 pm  

Just a comment about renting condos in MB.  I agree with you.  Our group has stayed at Crescent Shores condos in NMB for several years.  I can only rate them as decent.  Furniture is dated, carpets dirty, and a lot of time the TVs don't work properly.  We have complained to the company that rents out the condos and a few small things were fixed.  Still, most of them need some serious updating.

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
08/12/2020 10:51 pm  

It's nice that you got your trip rescheduled.   The CV is probably no safer 
now than in the spring, but we know more about it.  

Thanks for a great report!     

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
08/13/2020 12:03 pm  

Thanks for your great report!

Just too bad lodging was an issue (and agree 100 % about BYCV as being THE standard)!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Eminent Member
08/13/2020 12:58 pm  

@artmbgolf - We know now that is much more of a political issue than a medical one!!

daz

ReplyQuote
GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
Eminent Member
08/13/2020 1:01 pm  

@undercover-golf-pro- When we are allowed guests in St James again I'll set something up for you and Brian to come on dawn and play. 

daz

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member
08/15/2020 8:54 am  

If this forum turns political then I am DONE!

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
08/15/2020 10:21 am  
Posted by: @golfdawgz

@undercover-golf-pro- When we are allowed guests in St James again I'll set something up for you and Brian to come on dawn and play. 

I look forward to it one day!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
08/17/2020 1:13 pm  

Nice report on 4 favorites of ours, thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share: