Please note that on December 22nd, 2018, we upgraded our site and unfortunately were not able to bring the user ids and passwords from the old site.  So if you were a previous member of MBGT, unfortunately you must re-register on this site.  Your old user id and password will not work.  When you re-register, please use your user id (display name) from the old MBGT site. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

On April 22nd, our hosting provider suffered a very serious cyber attack (some of the details can be found here – https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/windows-service-update/).  As part of the recovery process, they had to perform a system restoration which has caused us to lose about 1 week of posts (plus the week we were offline so that is why recent posts are saying 2 weeks old).  We are still trying to get back the archive site; however, that is looking doubtful at this point in time as the software had some vulnerabilities and may not be permitted to be turned back on even if they can recover the data.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Update – May 31, 2019

We are happy to announce that almost all functionality has been restored and we have migrated to a new platform which will also speed up the site (something that has been asked for).  Unfortunately, we have not yet found a way to securely host the forum archive, so it remains offline for now.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Sandhills Hacks 201...

Sandhills Hacks 2019 Trip - May 30 - June 2  

RSS

GolfdawgZ
(@golfdawgz)
10/06/2019 8:21 am  

Another great trip in the books - They seem to take so long to get here and then they are over in a flash....Getting old sucks!!   Anyway, We stayed in the Barefoot Yacht Club condos - 24 retired military and a few active duty guys from the Ft Bragg, Kansas, NY, DC, and Brunswick County NC area.  Yacht club condos are the best, although they are starting to need some upgrade to furnishings.  Still better than most golf course condos - enjoyed the pool and Marina Bar & Grill - Happy hour prices are awesome for food and drinks - highly recommend it - See Luna the waitress.  Played the Barefoot courses and I'll describe each - Norman - Not a $125 course - more like a $35-45 course.  Ok layout but needed some TLC.  Greens were consistent but not like the practice green.  Tight lies in the fairways and little rough around the greens.  Love course was in better condition and showed a little more Love was given to it (no pun intended:)) Lot's of short par fours and the greens rolled true although still not as fast as the practice green - IMO it would be a strong mid-Tier course. We did enjoy the layout.  Saturday had us at the Dye course - Beautiful course best describes it!   Greens fast and true, fairways and boxes in good shape, and a great clubhouse - Top Tier course for sure and worth $125...IMO.  Played the Fazio on Sunday and it is the best course at the main resort.  Fairways and boxes had full growth, greens fast and true.  Over a great trip - Enjoyed dinners at Rockefeller's Raw bar - Always a favorite for fresh seafood and great atmosphere.....and a bone in rib eye at Longhorn - Not the best steakhouse but adequate for Myrtle Beach.  Many props to Brian for getting the trip scheduled for us.  Looking to go south next year - Murrells/Pawleys Inlet area.  All the best!!

Fairways and Greens,

GolfdawgZ

daz

Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Prominent Member
10/06/2019 8:53 am  

Enjoyed the report, 4 premium courses. If you don't want the wait to be so long for next year - the answer is simple - come down twice a year!

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Reputable Member
10/06/2019 10:07 am  

Did enjoy the read!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
Skippy
(@skippy)
Trusted Member
10/06/2019 12:29 pm  

Thanks for the report. We stayed at the yacht club north tower this year & I forgot to mention the Marina Bar & Grill. Seems like it's a new operation every year, hope this one sticks. Great food & good prices & an easy walk from the condo. Can't beat it.

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Reputable Member
10/06/2019 1:19 pm  

Thanks for the report, i enjoyed the Norman last year when i played it. 

I am playing Dye this July and look forward to it. 

thanks for the update!!!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Honorable Member
10/06/2019 2:28 pm  

Since the BF prices are the same at each course, you would think the conditions
would be the same.    I haven't played all 4 on the same trip, so I haven't been 
able to notice.     

BF Dye was excellent when I played it in April.   I think it gets extra attention in the 
Spring for MAMasters.   

Thanks for reporting!    

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Reputable Member
10/06/2019 4:26 pm  

Good read, thanks for your report.

ReplyQuote
langille5
(@langille5)
Estimable Member
11/06/2019 11:38 am  

Thanks for the report.