Clear all

Pawleys Area Trip July 2019  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

CBP Section 205
(@cbp-section-205)
Trusted Member
07/23/2019 11:51 am  

Thanks for the input UGP.  You have been a great addition to the site.  All the reviews are helpful.  Year 10 planning a trip, so trying to hit the best of the rest type courses that we haven't played.  We have been using vrbo the last couple of years to find a place.  It has worked very well for the most part.

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/23/2019 12:18 pm  
Posted by: @tommy-d

@cbp-section-205

I would take out Blackmoor and add Prestwick.  Also I would prefer Pawleys Plantation over Litchfield or Founders

I made the assumption that Prestwick and PP had already been played. I am one of the few that really likes Founders

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
CBP Section 205
(@cbp-section-205)
Trusted Member
07/23/2019 12:41 pm  

Yes - love Pawley's and Prestwick.  Have played Caledonia and True Blue, Willbrook, Heritage, Wachesaw East and TPC in South as well.  Thinking Tradition, Blackmoor, River Club and Founders (feels like a good course for second round in a day to just do a scramble) along with 2 replays of the top notch courses available.  

Seems like Litchfield, International and Indian Wells will be what we have left to play (and Wachesaw Plantation).  Don't see many reviews on those, so don't feel like we are missing anything not playing them.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
07/23/2019 2:28 pm  

Wachesaw Plantation is rarely mentionned in the trip reports. However, it is a good course to play.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
Undercover Golf Pro
(@undercover-golf-pro)
Noble Member
07/23/2019 2:43 pm  

I'm a fan of Wach East and especially Wach private

Golf is just an excuse to drink whiskey and smoke cigars

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member
07/23/2019 2:54 pm  
Posted by: @cbp-section-205

Yes - love Pawley's and Prestwick.  Have played Caledonia and True Blue, Willbrook, Heritage, Wachesaw East and TPC in South as well.  Thinking Tradition, Blackmoor, River Club and Founders (feels like a good course for second round in a day to just do a scramble) along with 2 replays of the top notch courses available.  

Seems like Litchfield, International and Indian Wells will be what we have left to play (and Wachesaw Plantation).  Don't see many reviews on those, so don't feel like we are missing anything not playing them.

Tradition, River Club, Blackmoor, would be liked more than Founders or Litchfield. 

I agree that Founders would best be used as a PM replay. It is fairly challenging and 
has risk reward holes, where you get a shot in play and the someone can cut the corner.  

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: