Family golf Trip Ju...

Notifications
Clear all

Family golf Trip July 10 - 17

jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well been back for a couple days, work is back to normal. The trip was excellent, we had warm weather, only a little rain which makes for a nice week.

We rent a private home with a pool. It is a 5 bedroom play 1 block from the beach so it is so awesome. 

It was nice being able to shop at different stores, so nice to not only go one place or no places. We rented a grill so it made cooking so simple compared to last year with a charcoal grill.

Played 3 rounds of golf with my daughter, this was a nice thing for me. We played 3 nice courses in Wachesaw East, Willbrook and International Club. All golf booked through Brian so it was top notche. 

Day 1 we played WillBrook:

We had a 8am tee time, we were paired up with a couple which to me settle my daughter down. Course was in nice shape, greens were shaggy but puttable. Much better then was reported on the site, the range opened later but was able to hit balls on the range to warm up. We did get rained on 2 times which pushed us to CPO for 3 holes so not to bad. There was no roll in fairway cause of wetness, bunkers where WET so take it as that for a report. Hannah enjoyed the course, she started slow but played well after that and shot 97. it was a good start for her. The bag drop and clubhouse people where awesome to deal with, super friendly. Cart Lady was around alot and super cute but not pushy.

Day 2 we played Wachesaw East:

We had a 7:36am tee time, we were paired up with 2 gentlemen that haven't played golf in a long time. So we hit the range and putting green to get warmed up. Staff was friendly and great to deal with, as we were not first out but still wasn't bad POP. I played scruffy but was doing good. Hannah was playing great started good and finished well, she shot 93 that day. I was super proud of her. it was hard playing with the two guys but they were super nice. Cart Lady again was super cute and not pushy but around alot also. The fairways and tee boxes were in good shape even got a little roll, greens where smoother and putted better then previous course. Sand traps were still wet but playable. I was very happy with the conditions.

Day 3 we played International Club:

We had a 7:30am tee time, we were first out on the front. Played with a Young Gentleman that was a IT person for the late late show. He was awesome to play with and made Hannah feel very comfy. POP was killer on the front, tell you about the back in a minute. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Tee boxes and fairways were in very nice condition. Sand Traps where wet but playable. Greens were smooth and rolled nice, held shots well. So we played at a fast pace or decent like they asked us to, not to fast or slow. We all played great on the front, so we hit the clubhouse cause ranger told us to check in. We wanted a quick drink since no cart lady. we were told we were 30 seconds to late. We were told to go behind this 2 some, we were not happy. So we go over, there is 2 more new foursomes ahead of them, it was even worse that the 2 groups ahead both were terrible. After a couple holes pace improved, our third started slow, Hannah continued to play well. I was very happy with conditions on the course. Both Hannah and I played very well she shot 90, I was super proud of her play.

We did eat at Eggs Up Grill, which we loved and service was great. Being a proud dad, was made even more proud when people I didn't know complimented my daughters game. Two ladies said they played fast to watch her hit a ball. She is learning a new way to chip, which down in MB it started to take hold with her. Hannah didnt drive the ball up to her standards but kept it in play. I can only imagine if she drove it up to her standards. She continued to play well at home, shot 44 for 9 holes with a 7 on the first. I need to teach her to start more steady.

Well it is a long wait again, we are looking for course for us to play next year but i think no course is out of reach for her. She will be kicking my butt soon enough. 

Drive home was terrible, was 4 hours longer then normal so i was exhausted with the ride. 

Thanks everyone for reading this report!!!

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Sheppy! Sheppy! Sheppy!

Way to go with your trip report. As usual, it was real pleasure to read it!

That said, it's really pleasant to see how proud you are of your daughter Hannah. If she's continuing to improve the way she is so far, she'll beat you (and just imagine me) on a regular basis soon! 😉

Just too bad your week went way too fast... as usual!

Take care my friend!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

jbshepherds and jw11 liked
ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

Sheppy nice read on your trip. Sorry we missed each other this years. It was a blast with you and Jon and Tim last years. Nice to hear your daughter enjoys the game. What is her age?

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

It's good to hear that Intl Club has gotten the conditions good, after the 
bad reports earlier this year.  

I must be fun to watch your daughter play and improve.   

Hotels on the beach are expensive in the summer.   
What does a typical house cost in summer?   

Thanks for a great report!   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

@6542golf  She is 15, just turned it on June 5. She plays as much as I do. I did miss playing golf with you this year, i know Hannah would have enjoyed it also. 

@artmbgolf House that is 1 block from beach, private pool and 5 bedroom is about $4600 through Garden City Reality, we have already booked for next year. Kids i think would kills us if we didn't rebook it.

@denisgilbert Don't worry my friend, it will happen to both of us. I know we are both excited to play golf together. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Thanks for your report, as Art said nice to read International is in better shape, thanks again.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

Thanks for the great info Sheppy.

Glad to see you had some good weather and got to play some nice courses

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the report. Has to be special watching the daughter improve like that.

Slow play will be the reason I quit going to Myrtle to play golf. And it may not be that far into the future.

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Very interesting report. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
6542Golf
(@6542golf)
Reputable Member

@kio57 I don't understand not coming to MB because of slow play. Our group normally play the first or second week of June. Most of our rounds are played at 4 to 41/2 hours. Some course take 5 hours because it is 3 to 5 minutes from greens to next tee box. We go to MB for golf and time is not that big of a deal as long you are behind beginners. But you have to remember those folks or on vacation also.

Brownwood Bandit

ReplyQuote
kio57
(@kio57)
Estimable Member

4 hours is acceptable, not optimal; I will accept 4 1/2 hours, you put me on 5 hours then I am leaving at the turn and not coming back

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

I played a 5:20 round in Illinois last week.

It sucked but we had enough water/beer and cigars to tolerate it.

People are golf hungry right now. Many got back into golf during 2020.

This post was modified 3 days ago by jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
Share: