August 4-22  

RSS

hookybass
(@hookybass)
Eminent Member
09/09/2020 3:11 pm  

Lodging:  Air BB litchfield then Shipyard Village in Litchfield by the Sea

Food:

Franks Outback twice:  If you've never been, you must.  Delicious, sporty, sexy and beautiful.  Yes I said sexy.  Have you seen southern girls?????

Bistro 217 twice:  Another great place.  Almost the same level as Franks.

Gios:  Delicious Italian but we had the worst waitress that killed the vibe and experience.  We actually complained upon leaving as it was no reflection on the food experience.

Austins Cabana Bar:  Best grouper I ever had with a tremendous beachy bar vibe.

Quigly's:  Fun fun fun and delicious.  Great vibe and drinks inside.  We go each year and notice the same male manager and told him we recognize him and commended him on a great job.  

Gilbert's ice cream:  Awesome.  Best ice cream with a very hard working staff.

Claw House:  Part of the MI Marshwalk.  Delicious seafood.  The Murrells Inlet vibe is amazing and begs us to buy a place.  Great talking to different people.

Pawleys Island Bakery:  WOWA is this place awesome, but it has such a crappy black n white sign.  Go anyway

Islander Bar and Grill:  Great open air sports bar.  

Golf all thru Brian.  Perfect to deal with.  A no brainer

Willbrook:  Our favorite was not well conditioned at all.  Greens were plush and rolled medium BUT the rest of the course was tired and out of shape.  Not beyond fixing at all, thus shouldn't be a problem.

Tradition:  I say this everytime, that it seems like they ran out of money prior to completion.  I believe it needs to be redesigned.  Huge potential there.

Prestwick:  Great golf course tee to green.  Greens were the fastest and rolled just like bent up north.  A top tier course.

Legends Parkland and Heathland:  Both were very, very good.  Greens just a notch slower than Prestwick but still on the quick side.  Despite different names, they are very similar.  Outstanding and clam bag drop with an amazing practice area.

Shaftsbury:  Kinda boring, rough in some spots medium greens.  Won't go back.

Kings North:  Awesome place, great layout and very quick greens.

Other Notes:

We also rented a kayak in MI.  Lots of fun.  This year marked our 19th year in Pawleys.  Next April we plan on celebrating our 20 wedding anniversary in Charleston in April followed by our Pawleys trip in August.  So any info on golf, restaurants, lodging and stuff to do will be appreciated.  We missed going to Barefoot Landing due to covid.  We tried to be a bit safer and stay local.  There's a great sports bar in BFLanding.  I met some great people there last year and was looking forward to returning, but there's next year right?  We noticed many more people on the beach this year, that was great to see.  Lasand tly, this year was especially hard to leave as we love it so much and it has a lot to do with the people we meet on the course at the bar eating.  This is where I want to be.  I can't believe how different I feel here.  If I can answer any questions just ask and I'll respond.  Thank you, John

This topic was modified 1 week ago by hookybass

leftygar1, jbshepherds, jw11 and 1 people liked
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
09/09/2020 3:47 pm  

Excellent trip report John.

Good stuff.

Congrats on a successful trip

jw11

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member
09/09/2020 4:35 pm  

Thanks for reporting.  Agree with you about Prestwick.  

ReplyQuote
OBBlues
(@obblues)
Trusted Member
09/10/2020 12:45 pm  

Thanks for the report. The second last line of your report sums up my feelings about Myrtle Beach exactly. I too feel different when I'm there. The whole experience, golf, great food and cheap booze, great people and sitting on the beach at happy hour with friends and family watching the surf and chilling.  Damn I missed it this summer. 

This post was modified 1 week ago by OBBlues

Polekat914, DenisGilbert, jw11 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Prominent Member
09/10/2020 1:53 pm  

Great and complete trip report @hookybass!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Prominent Member
09/10/2020 6:39 pm  
Posted by: @obblues

Thanks for the report. The second last line of your report sums up my feelings about Myrtle Beach exactly. I too feel different when I'm there. The whole experience, golf, great food and cheap booze, great people and sitting on the beach at happy hour with friends and family watching the surf and chilling.  Damn I missed it this summer. 

Same with me & Mrs jw11

Nothing compares.

C

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

OBBlues liked
ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member
09/13/2020 7:34 am  

I had a good time to read your report. Just my humble opinion, i would rate Parkland over Heathland. I think that the challenge is better at Parkland. Maybe it is because of Mike Strantz who was in charge of the bunkering during the construction of this course.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Prominent Member
09/14/2020 3:28 pm  

Thanks for the great report, sounded like you had a great time. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member
09/15/2020 10:16 am  

Thanks for your report, sounded like a great time for your group.

ReplyQuote
Share: