August 13-27. Year ...

Notifications
Clear all

August 13-27. Year 30 !!!

hookybass
(@hookybass)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thank you Brian for booking us easy peasy lemon squeezey!

Week one with family:  Used Dieter Reality stayed at Shipyard Village on the water.  Awesome and fun

Food: 

Bistro 217:  Delicious and a great vibe.  Sit at the bar if you can. 

Parlor Donuts:  Delicious.  It's a pimped out donut.

Claw House:  The Marsh Walk is an amazing place to go and walk, drink and relax.  

Gulf Stream:  Surfside.  Wonderful place.

Take out at. Piccolo Paesano:  Boring and won't go back. Nothing like the pictures on the site.

Hibachi at Murrells Inlet (Hachiya Japanese Steakhouse). SOOOOO fun and delicious

Quigleys in Pawleys:   Such a great consistent place.  Same manager for years.  He works his ass off

5 Church in Charleston. It seems that Charleston has lost it's charm sine the political nonsense.  Won't go back there.

Golf:  Willbrook, True Blue, Caledonia, Wachesaw Private, TPC, Kings North.  We love all these courses, but everything was soooooooo wet and obviously was not the courses fault.  Willbrook was the wettest and had the slowest greens.  Wachesaw had the perfect layout of practice facilities and course.  Great place.  I have nothing negative to say about any of these courses as we loved them all.  They all mean a lot to us.

Litchfield Beach was beautiful and peaceful and for the last 20 years it has taken our hearts.  

Week two, solo as my wife and son are training with the team USA figure skating team.  

Air BB at the North Causeway in Pawleys Island:  Great place.

Food:

Gios:  Deeeeeellliiiicccciiiooouussss Italian.

Franks Outback:  The best restaurant bar none.  Nothing comes close.

Paradise Ice Cream:  So good with such happy workers

Bistro 217:   Great vibe and delicious

Chive Blossom:  Eclectic and delicious.

Dead Dog Saloon:  Great food, drink and live bands.  Sooooo many hot looking girls.  Saw so many scantily clad perfect 10's I was starting to think why they were there.  Amazingly weird.  The bands were so good.

DeRommas Pizza:  Best ZZZZZAaaa in the Litchfield/Pawleys 

Riptydz in Myrtle:  Really cool place/party bar would definitely go back

Ocean Annies:  Amazing, awesome, cool and a perfect beach bar.  Woman in bikinis and thongs!!!  I don't care if you're in shape or not.  If you're confident enough to wear one of those, then hello, my name is John.

Angel Bar:   Great food and drink with flirty beautiful bartenders.

Thoughts:  By far the busiest I've seen it in 20 years.  Great to talk to people from all walks of life.  Saying Hello goes a long way in this world and you can never judge a book by its cover.    I love it here so I really can't say anything bad at all.  So if you have any questions, please ask.

Golf Solo paired with others:   Willbrook, Burning Ridge, Farmstead, Caledonia, True Blue, Grand Dunes Private, Barefoot Dye.  All the courses were great with Willbrook having the slowest greens, but we still love it. Grand Dunes Private was so fast and firm I was amazed as how fast it drained.  Boring deigned but AMAZING conditions.  Farmstead was in great shape but is boring as hell.  Burning Ridge was a HUGE surprise.  Really nice design as it was pleasing to the eye and the greens were very quick.  Dye was a really cool course and had great greens.  True Blue + Caledonia were so beautiful I could play their all day everyday.  

PLEASE ask any questions as I can better give you  more accurate information.  Thank you.

Njpat23
(@njpat23)

great report...wish there was more. Makes me want to get down there NOW

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

You provided a lot of suggestions for food + entertainment.  

Thanks for a great report.   

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
tadpole
(@tadpole)
Reputable Member

I usually dig food reviews, but since we stay in NMB I won't be visiting any on your list.  How long did you typically wait to get served?  I respectfully disagree with Farmstead being boring!  My favorite MB course and now it is closing.  

Much thanks for taking the time to submit your report.

ReplyQuote
djr6648
(@djr6648)
Trusted Member

Great group of courses. We always enjoy Burning Ridge. Curious about your Charleston comment. What kind of issues did you encounter?

ReplyQuote
S***H
(@s333h)
Noble Member

Thanks for sharing all your information! Burning Ridge is often under the radar. But it is a good value. I usually play at this golf course during my spring trips.

''It's just golf, let's have fun''

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Very interesting trip report @hookybass, thank you!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
leftygar1
(@leftygar1)
Noble Member

Nice report on the courses you played and places you had some good food, thanks.

ReplyQuote
jw11
 jw11
(@jw11)
Noble Member

"Scantily clad perfect 10's" caught my attention. 

That sounds like a better than average trip Hooky.

I'm glad to see another happy customer at Burning Ridge, which I have recommended. 

You hit some great restaurants. 

Been to about half of them.

Will be staying about 1/2 mile from Ocean Annie's in October.  Hoping the string bikinis are still being worn

Great report once again Hookybass.

Thank you.

"King Of The Mid-tiers"

ReplyQuote
jbshepherds
(@jbshepherds)
Noble Member

Nice report HookyBass, Bistro217 is owned by my boss's good friend. somewhere my wife and i want to go to but when we looked into it we had 20 people, we were not paying for all those people. 

Heard the food is good and it is a nice place. 

Let the Big Dawg Bite!!!

ReplyQuote
CBP Section 205
(@cbp-section-205)
Trusted Member

Is Burning Ridge sort of like River Hills?  No name cache, but when you play it, feels like a great course for the price point?

We need to replace Farmstead, thinking that could work.

ReplyQuote
DenisGilbert
(@denisgilbert)
Noble Member

Posted by: @cbp-section-205

Is Burning Ridge sort of like River Hills?  No name cache, but when you play it, feels like a great course for the price point?

@cbp-section-205 I would personnally say that Burning Ridge represents an excellent value, but is a little nod below River Hills!

Denis Gilbert
Quebec City, Canada

ReplyQuote
ArtMBGolf
(@artmbgolf)
Noble Member

Posted by: @cbp-section-205

While Burning Ridge has received some good reports lately, I don't think
it is consistently good like a River Hills, Wild Wing, Crow Creek,
Farmstead.      

*** Please Show Your Appreciation For MB Advice/Info In MBGT With Your Course or Trip Report! ***

ReplyQuote
Share: